Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Triangle wave generator

1. Jan 12, 2006 #1
    I've attached a general schematic of triple wave generator with op-amp so i need to know the concept of genrating such waveform or maybe tutorial website, and any comment will be appreciated!
    thanks.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It's an amplifying buffer for the input square wave, followed by the integrator. When you integrate a square wave, you get a triangle wave. The zener and other diode are used to set the amplitude of the square wave, and thus the amplitude of the tri wave.

4. Apr 15, 2006 #3
    help

i undertsnad tat this is also a triangle wave generator can anyone tell me how it works?? thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  5. Apr 15, 2006 #4
    Electronic engineer: Any time we feed a capacitor with a current source the capacitor develops a linear ramp voltage across it. Since the capacitor in your schematic is the ONLY component in the feedback path there will be a constant current through it if the inverting and non-inverting inputs are to remain the same voltage. Of course there is a bit more to it since we are not figuring input offset voltages, the offset due to open loop gain and things of this nature.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?