Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Triangulation Report

1. Dec 13, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I am doing a research paper for my Trigonometry class on the topic of Triangulation.

I am not asking for papers or anything, but I need some advice, rather more background on the topic. (I didn't think that this would be appropriate for the HW forum).

I have to do two pages on each of the following topics: History, Mathematics, Real World Applications. The last one, I already know of what to write. However, I was wondering if you guys had a better suggestion as to what angle or way to write of the Math and its history.

For the history part, I have read of Willebrord Snell, however can not find much on the advancements of other mathematicians.
    As for the math, I understand using the common point within circles, however am not sure as to how to describe the process or trigonometric way of accomplishing it.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted