Triangulation Report: History, Math & Real World Apps

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on the topic of Triangulation for a research paper in their Trigonometry class. They specifically need more background information on the history and mathematics of the topic, and are also open to suggestions on how to approach writing about these aspects. They mention being familiar with Gauß's work as a land surveyor, which they believe is relevant to the topic.
boone292929
Hello,

I am doing a research paper for my Trigonometry class on the topic of Triangulation.

I am not asking for papers or anything, but I need some advice, rather more background on the topic. (I didn't think that this would be appropriate for the HW forum).

I have to do two pages on each of the following topics: History, Mathematics, Real World Applications. The last one, I already know of what to write. However, I was wondering if you guys had a better suggestion as to what angle or way to write of the Math and its history.

For the history part, I have read of Willebrord Snell, however can not find much on the advancements of other mathematicians.
As for the math, I understand using the common point within circles, however am not sure as to how to describe the process or trigonometric way of accomplishing it.

Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Gauß has worked as land surveyor, which I think fits in perfectly here.

What is a Triangulation Report?

A Triangulation Report is a research report that explores the connections between three different topics or concepts. In this case, the report focuses on the relationship between history, math, and real world applications.

Why is triangulation important in research?

Triangulation allows researchers to gather data from multiple sources and perspectives, providing a more comprehensive and accurate understanding of a topic. It also helps to validate the findings of a study by comparing and contrasting different sources of information.

How does history relate to math and real world applications?

History and math have a long-standing connection, as mathematical concepts have been used in various historical events and developments. Additionally, understanding mathematical principles can help us make sense of real world phenomena and solve practical problems.

What are some examples of real world applications of math in history?

One example is the use of geometry in the construction of ancient buildings and monuments, such as the Pyramids of Giza. Another example is the use of statistics in analyzing historical data, such as population growth or economic trends.

How can the findings of this report be applied in the real world?

The findings of this report can be useful in various fields, such as education, historical research, and problem-solving. It can also help individuals make connections between seemingly unrelated subjects, leading to a deeper understanding of the world around us.