Tricks to remember things

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
Danger
Gold Member
I've given up trying to remember anything. About 35 years ago, I bought a memory-help book... and forgot to finish reading it. When it crossed my mind a couple of years later and I wanted to finish it, I'd forgotten where I put it.

It doesn't tell you what day it is or hold a pair of shoes.

well--you just have to write a note and stick it in one of those little pockets

take out the one that says "Saturday" and put the one in that says "Tuesday"

________

http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/192/001/82/barbie_shoes_and_boots3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
I have a gripe and it's somewhat related to memory, so I'm going to hijack Wolram's thread.

My company gave me a gift of a new $500.00 cell phone. It is much too complicated for me. Without my bifocals, I can hardly make out the little symbols in the 300 page instruction manual. :surprised

I don't know how I am supposed to remember what all these symbols and buttons mean or what order I am supposed to press things to get to where I want to go. It has a microSD card and it came with a microSD adapter but is my computer SD compatible, I don't think so. So I guess I need to get an adapter for the adpater. :grumpy:

It does have a 2 megapixel camera which is good since I lost the cable for my Toshiba digital camera and they can only be ordered through Toshiba.

Anyone that is knowledgable about cellphones that wants to help me?

berkeman
Mentor

At my local community center, one of the classes they put on is how to use your cell phone. It's taught by teenagers -- I'm not joking!

External SD drives are really cheap. Check out Wal-Mart, I bet you can find something under $10.

Evo
Mentor
At my local community center, one of the classes they put on is how to use your cell phone. It's taught by teenagers -- I'm not joking!
Teenagers and cell phones have an uncanny affinity for each other. The Evo Child is going to come over this weekend and program my phone. :redface:

External SD drives are really cheap. Check out Wal-Mart, I bet you can find something under $10.
Do you recommend an external usb adapter or an SD to PCM/CIA converter?

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I have a gripe and it's somewhat related to memory, so I'm going to hijack Wolram's thread.

My company gave me a gift of a new $500.00 cell phone. It is much too complicated for me. Without my bifocals, I can hardly make out the little symbols in the 300 page instruction manual. :surprised

I don't know how I am supposed to remember what all these symbols and buttons mean or what order I am supposed to press things to get to where I want to go. It has a microSD card and it came with a microSD adapter but is my computer SD compatible, I don't think so. So I guess I need to get an adapter for the adpater. :grumpy:

It does have a 2 megapixel camera which is good since I lost the cable for my Toshiba digital camera and they can only be ordered through Toshiba.

Heh. I forgot the password to access my voice mail on my company cell phone. Fortunately it stores the phone number and date/time of received calls so I can call back ask what the problem is.

Eventually, I'll have to turn the phone back in, though, and they'll ask me the password.

Teenagers and cell phones have an uncanny affinity for each other. The Evo Child is going to come over this weekend and program my phone. :redface:

Do you recommend an external usb adapter or an SD to PCM/CIA converter?

Unless you don't have a Hi-Speed USB port, I'd recommend an USB adapter since you can pretty much use it anywhere.

Evo
Mentor
Unless you don't have a Hi-Speed USB port, I'd recommend an USB adapter since you can pretty much use it anywhere.
I agree.

Rew, my Toshiba is a PDR-3330.

Rew, my Toshiba is a PDR-3330.

There's a difference from the one above--does your camera have the 'rounded' fitting like this?---

http://dcables.net/ebay/digitalcameras/USB172%20Combined%20200x200.jpg [Broken]

---here a link to the one you need--several to choose from---if you don't have a ebay account, or don't want to get one from ebay at all, they are probably available from some local store--but with shipping still only about $5 on ebay. --then we can finally see your goshawk

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/...bdlo=&sabdhi=&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1