Tricky Questions

• Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date
powergirl
Tricky Questions!!!

I'm starting this thread so as to post some tricky questions here.U may also post q's over here.
"Really the thing is that,I'm fed up by starting new new threads for each Q's.":approve:

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

powergirl
Let me ask the Ist Quest:'n.
"1) How much soil is there in a hole measuring one metre by one metre by one metre?"

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A tablespoonfull.

powergirl
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

powergirl
3)(in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
pls sincerely add it in mind.....

Let me ask the Ist Quest:'n.
"1) How much soil is there in a hole measuring one metre by one metre by one metre?"
..... Lol... I will guess none, since its a hole and all., but in all probability, Gokul is probably correct as perhaps some dirt was blown back in. :biggrin:

3)(in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
4100, honestly did it in my head.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
I'd pick the assassins since they are perhaps sentenced to die too, hence no reason to shoot me. And then we could work on a plan as to how to get out of there.

Last edited:
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
900 more and I would have answered "average velocity" or "average potential"

Why?

NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
the room full of lions that haven't eaten for 3 years, because they will be dead

powergirl
Johno's correct....

verty
Homework Helper
Q: A man is in a room with no windows, no door, no holes in the ceiling and no trapdoors in the floor. How does he escape the room?

DaveC426913
Gold Member
The same way he got in.

verty
Homework Helper
Without demolishing the room... (or rather I should say: "How did he get in then?")

Last edited:
Through either the holes in the wall or floor or the trapdoors in the wall or ceiling.

verty
Homework Helper
It's far simpler than that: through the doorway (there's no door).

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
It's far simpler than that: through the doorway (there's no door).
Surely that's a hole in the wall though, so Healey01 is right! :tongue2:

verty
Homework Helper
He was on the right track, taking the negative of what I had said. His answer was also sufficient.

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NOt right;
No? Is it a teaspoonful, then?
Can anyone answer this?
The second room. The murderer is actually an assassin, and all his homies are hanging out there.

In the first room, he'd die of emotional overdose from all the rage, and in the third room the stink will kill him.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
In the first room, he'd die of emotional overdose from all the rage
:rofl: This has got to be the right answer!

powergirl
Here's another one for you guys....try it pls''.'''.''''.'''''

Each of the clues make up a type of flower, for example "small container + to allow" would be "vial + let", or "violet."

Can you figure out these five?

1. an implement + flesh around mouth
2. foppish + a large carnivorous wildcat
3. to wed + a soft yellow element
4. a false statement + be deficient in
5. indicates an alternative + child

powergirl
Yaaah,here's another one:

"The Forest For The Trees"

In each sentence the name of a tree is hidden. The willow is hiding in the first sentence. Can you find the others?

1. I will owe you a favor if you drive me to the airport.
2. I am afraid of going up in elevators.
3. Drinking cocoa keeps me warm on long winter nights.
4. I hope the map leads us to buried treasure.
5. "Eat another bonbon," said our charming hostess.
6. Nepal may be the most interesting place I have ever visited.
7. Remember to fold the map, please.
8. I feel many lumps in this mattress.
9. Word processing is not as useful as pens and paper for creative brainstorming.

Here's another one for you guys....try it pls''.'''.''''.'''''

Each of the clues make up a type of flower, for example "small container + to allow" would be "vial + let", or "violet."

Can you figure out these five?

1. an implement + flesh around mouth
2. foppish + a large carnivorous wildcat
3. to wed + a soft yellow element
4. a false statement + be deficient in
5. indicates an alternative + child

1.Tulip
2.Dandelion? (foppish?)
3.Marigold
4.Lilac
5.Orchid

powergirl