Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trig books

1. May 29, 2013 #1

462chevelle

Gold Member

I have dabbled in trig doing physics and understand enough to do simple problems with the 6 trig functions but next spring ill be taking trig and im wanting to get a good self teaching book. does anyone have any suggestions for one. I would like to get one that has at least plenty of examples or lessons/tests. I wouldn't mind just buying the trig textbook im going to need for class but I would rather buy a self teaching book. any recommendations. thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2013 #2

verty

Homework Helper

https://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Idiot's-Guide-Trigonometry/dp/1615641440/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1369858264&sr=8-44&keywords=trigonometry]The Complete Idiots Guide to Trigonometry[/url] looks pretty nice for self-learning, each chapter is about one specific thing but it doesn't seem to leave anything out, and I like the order of the topics, starting with why you would want to use these functions, then showing the graphs, then identities and equations later.

There are used copies for very little money, a good buy I think.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. May 29, 2013 #3

462chevelle

Gold Member

I just got back from hastings and there was only 1 trig book. the trig for dummies. I guess ill just have to order that book online. thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook