Trig Self-Study Books: Looking for Suggestions!

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a self-teaching book on trigonometry and the recommendation of the "Complete Idiots Guide to Trigonometry" as a comprehensive and well-organized option. The individual also mentions the availability of used copies for a good price and their plan to order the book online.
462chevelle
Gold Member
I have dabbled in trig doing physics and understand enough to do simple problems with the 6 trig functions but next spring ill be taking trig and I am wanting to get a good self teaching book. does anyone have any suggestions for one. I would like to get one that has at least plenty of examples or lessons/tests. I wouldn't mind just buying the trig textbook I am going to need for class but I would rather buy a self teaching book. any recommendations. thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1615641440/?tag=pfamazon01-20 Complete Idiots Guide to Trigonometry[/url] looks pretty nice for self-learning, each chapter is about one specific thing but it doesn't seem to leave anything out, and I like the order of the topics, starting with why you would want to use these functions, then showing the graphs, then identities and equations later.

There are used copies for very little money, a good buy I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back from hastings and there was only 1 trig book. the trig for dummies. I guess ill just have to order that book online. thanks.

1. What is the purpose of a Trig self-study book?

A Trig self-study book is designed to help individuals learn and understand the concepts and principles of trigonometry on their own. It provides explanations, examples, and practice problems to aid in self-directed learning.

2. What topics are typically covered in Trig self-study books?

Trig self-study books typically cover topics such as trigonometric functions, identities, equations, graphs, and applications of trigonometry in real-world situations.

3. Are Trig self-study books suitable for beginners?

Yes, Trig self-study books are suitable for beginners as they often start with the basics and gradually progress to more advanced topics. However, some prior knowledge of algebra and geometry may be helpful.

4. Can Trig self-study books be used as a supplement to classroom learning?

Yes, Trig self-study books can be used as a supplement to classroom learning. They can provide additional practice and explanations for topics covered in class, as well as offer a different perspective on the material.

5. How can I choose the best Trig self-study book for my needs?

When choosing a Trig self-study book, consider factors such as the level of difficulty, the organization and structure of the book, and the availability of practice problems and solutions. It may also be helpful to read reviews or ask for recommendations from other learners or educators.