1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trig equation

1. Oct 19, 2005 #1
    I have this Trig. problem. y=cos(4t) + sqrt(3)*sin(4t)
    I'm supposed to express it in terms of y=A cos(u-v) :confused:
    Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We appreciate all the work you put into that post, but unfortunately it is against Physics Forums Guidelines (which you agreed to) for you to do so much. Troll has to show some work on this problem before he can receive help. I've "soft deleted" your post and will restore it if Troll shows us that he is trying.
  4. Oct 20, 2005 #3
    Sorry i got carried away, i understand i shouldn't of done so much. To be honest i found that problem quite challenging the method didn't come to me instantly (which i wasn't sure was right but i guess it is ok since you've looked over it Tom). What i'm trying to say is i'll try not to overdo it next time, i appreciate the time you're taking to modify my post Tom and i'm just glad to help :redface:
  5. Oct 20, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Troll, as Tom Mattson also mentions, before we can answer your questions,
    you need to post what you have tried or where you are getting stuck. Then we can help point you in a successful direction.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?