Trigonometric Ratios for 14π: Solving for sin, cos, and tan

• Thread starter fghtffyrdmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ratios Trig
In summary, for the given angle of 14pi, we can find the trigonometric ratios as follows: sin(theta) = 0, cos(theta) = -1, and tan(theta) = 0.
fghtffyrdmns

Homework Statement

Find the trigonometric ratios [tex] sin\theta, cos\theta, tan\theta for the angle \theta = 14\pi.[/tex] If a ratio does not exist or is undefined, write "DNE".

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that the other equivalent angle for 15pi is just pi. But I do not know how to write the ratios. From the unit circle, I know that [tex] tan\theta = 0/-1. Since tan = sin/cos.

Physics news on Phys.org
fghtffyrdmns said:

Homework Statement

Find the trigonometric ratios [tex] sin\theta, cos\theta, tan\theta for the angle \theta = 14\pi.[/tex] If a ratio does not exist or is undefined, write "DNE".

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that the other equivalent angle for 15pi is just pi. But I do not know how to write the ratios. From the unit circle, I know that [tex] tan\theta = 0/-1. Since tan = sin/cos.
OK, so sin(15pi) = sin(pi) = ?
What do you get for the other two functions?

Mark44 said:
OK, so sin(15pi) = sin(pi) = ?
What do you get for the other two functions?

sin(pi)= 0
cos (pi) = -1
tan (pi) =0.

Is that all?

1. What is the value of sine for 14π?

The value of sine for 14π is 0. Sine is a trigonometric function that represents the ratio of the side opposite to the angle to the hypotenuse in a right triangle.

2. How do you find the cosine value for 14π?

The cosine value for 14π can be found by using the cosine function, which represents the ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse in a right triangle. In this case, the cosine value for 14π is -1.

3. What is the tangent value for 14π?

The tangent value for 14π is 0. Tangent is a trigonometric function that represents the ratio of the opposite side to the adjacent side in a right triangle.

4. How can you determine the cotangent value for 14π?

The cotangent value for 14π can be determined by using the cotangent function, which is the reciprocal of the tangent function. In this case, the cotangent value for 14π is undefined.

5. What is the relationship between the trigonometric ratios for 14π?

The trigonometric ratios for 14π have a specific relationship based on the unit circle. In this case, the sine and tangent are both 0, the cosine is -1, and the cotangent is undefined.