Trouble with Trigonometric Integral? Get Help Now!

In summary, a trigonometric integral is a type of integral that involves trigonometric functions and is used to find the area under a curve. Students often struggle with these integrals due to their complex formulas and the need for a strong understanding of trigonometry and calculus. Common techniques for solving them include using trigonometric identities, substitution, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition. Seeking help from teachers, classmates, or tutors, as well as utilizing online resources, can aid in understanding and solving these integrals. Additionally, they have many real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and geometry.
Physter
Haven't done integrals in such a long time and now I'm having some trouble with this question here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:

http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/4333/screen192cj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Using the double angle formula as you do here is of course legitimate, however, there is a simpler choice:
Substitute [itex]u=\sin(t)[/itex] instead.

This looks better I hope?

http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/5109/screen202ul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
+C of course :). But yes, that's correct.

^^^Arggg I always forget the constant. Thanks o:)

What is a trigonometric integral?

A trigonometric integral is an integral that involves trigonometric functions, such as sine, cosine, and tangent. It is a mathematical concept used to find the area under a curve that involves these functions.

Why do students struggle with trigonometric integrals?

Many students struggle with trigonometric integrals because they require a good understanding of basic trigonometry and calculus concepts. They also involve complex formulas and techniques that can be challenging to comprehend.

What are some common techniques for solving trigonometric integrals?

Some common techniques for solving trigonometric integrals include using trigonometric identities, substitution, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition. It is important to practice these techniques and understand when to use each one.

How can I get help with my trouble with trigonometric integrals?

You can seek help from your teacher, classmates, or a tutor who is knowledgeable in trigonometric integrals. You can also find online resources, such as tutorials, practice problems, and forums, to help you understand and solve these types of integrals.

What are some real-world applications of trigonometric integrals?

Trigonometric integrals have many real-world applications, such as in physics, engineering, and geometry. They are used to solve problems involving periodic motion, such as the motion of a pendulum, as well as in calculating areas and volumes of irregular shapes.