1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trigonometric Problem

1. Aug 12, 2015 #1
    This problem is same as the problem on this link https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/trigonometric-problem.76696/ .

I would like to ask the number 4 hint which is "4) We therefore have, for example the equality: " the equations can't be seen on my pc as it will only outputs this
    \vec{v}\cdot\hat{n}_{AC}=r_{AC}\omega_{AC}\to{v}_{BC}\hat{r}_{BC}\cdot\hat{n}_{AC}}=r_{AC}\omega_{AC}\to{v}_{BC}=\frac{r_{AC}\omega_{AC}}{\hat{r}_{BC}\cdot\hat{n}_ .

The others variables are working okay aside from the said variables/equation.

This is one of the problems I need to solve for passing dynamics. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2015 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

$${\vec{v}\cdot\hat{n}_{AC}=r_{AC}\omega_{AC}\ \to\ \\ {v}_{BC}\hat{r}_{BC}\cdot\hat{n}_{AC}}=
    r_{AC}\omega_{AC}\ \to\ \\ {v}_{BC}=\frac{r_{AC}\;\omega_{AC}} {\hat{r}_{BC}\cdot\hat{n}_{AC} }.$$

4. Aug 12, 2015 #3
    THANK YOU SIR!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook