How can logarithms help solve an equation involving trigonometric functions?

In summary, Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that studies triangles and their relationships. The three basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent, which represent ratios of sides in a right triangle. Logarithms are the inverse of exponential functions and are used to solve equations and represent large numbers. Trigonometry and logarithms are related through the unit circle, and they have many practical applications in fields such as engineering, physics, navigation, and everyday situations like measuring heights and distances.
Petkovsky
4[tex]^{sinx}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt[cosx]{2}[/tex]

I use logarithmic and i get :

sinx * log(4) = (1/cosx) * log(2)

sinx*cosx = log(2)/log(4)

what should i do next?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What is log(2)/log(4)? Try applying a change of base rule. Afterward, see if you can use any of your trigonometric formulas to simplify.

Petkovsky said:
4[tex]^{sinx}[/tex] = [tex]\sqrt[cosx]{2}[/tex]

I use logarithmic and i get :

sinx * log(4) = (1/cosx) * log(2)

sinx*cosx = log(2)/log(4)

what should i do next?

What is log(2)/log(4) ?

Thank you, i solved it

1. What is Trigonometry?

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of triangles and the relationships between their sides and angles.

2. What are the three basic trigonometric functions?

The three basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent. These functions represent the ratios of the sides of a right triangle.

3. What are logarithms?

Logarithms are the inverse of exponential functions. They are used to solve equations involving exponents and to represent large numbers in a more manageable form.

4. How are trigonometry and logarithms related?

Trigonometry and logarithms are related through the unit circle. The values of trigonometric functions at different angles can be represented using logarithms.

5. What are the practical applications of trigonometry and logarithms?

Trigonometry and logarithms have many practical applications in fields such as engineering, physics, navigation, and astronomy. They are also used in everyday situations such as measuring heights and distances, and calculating interest rates.