Triple Major with MS?

• Programs
  • Thread starter D3m0nic
  • Start date
Triple Major with MS??

My university offers a dual degree program in physics and engineering meaning in 5 years time I can have BS in physics & engineering on top off MS in Engineering. As i transferred credits I can do this program just for 4 years as normal undergrad student.
Now if I want I can do another BS in Math. I am wondering whether it is a good idea for me to pursue Math. I enjoy math and before joining the dual degree program I was considering double major in math and physics. My major question now is: will it be worth to do a Math major as well? Do you think I will have an added advantage?
I know triple major can be hard with lots of course load. This would be mean I won't be able to take any other 'interesting' classes. If I do not do Math as a major I am still minoring in it and i can pick up another minor or two.

I just want advice!

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

hmm... no one know what to say! =(

a) General consensus on this forum is that nobody (neither jobs nor grad schools) really cares about second/third majors-it's all about the coursework
b) look at the math courses and see how many of them actually interest you-enough to bother with the major?

Matterwave
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Well I had a hard time fitting a double major in Astrophysics and Economics into my course load limits. Econ is not a very large major. I would think that a triple major in Physics, engineering, AND math on top of GE requirements and College requirements would be a doozy. All I can say, is maybe meet with a counselor and see if you can fit all those courses. Otherwise...you can always take courses for interest, or you can consider a minor.