Triple majoring

• Programs
  • Thread starter andrew246
  • Start date
put it this way...there are degrees already for cs/math, math/phys, cs/phys which have considerable overlap. I suggest not doing a triple major because it is not needed, what you may prefer to look into is a double major(one of the 3 above) with the minor.

YOur best bet would proabbly be a cs/math double major and aphys minor in my opeinon. because cs/math foundations are import in any computational science programme. 3D graphics would be of greate help. But what you need is prolly optimization technique/numericals and memory management and data structures and computability from cs. PDE/ODE/relatiivty/QM/anal. mechanics. from math. And maybe complex/dynamical systems. Personally i find discrete math to be a useless subject.

As zapperz said alot of schools look for good grades. Depending on where you are(i'd assume your in the states where the gre plays also a part, but in canada and most other places GREs may not be as significant). Research projects/grades/goals/references will probably be wahat you need. Most schools have a cut off limit at a B+ student. But some schools will allow you in if you have something to offer like a cs background.