Trivia - true or false.

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary: I don't want to know.In summary, various facts and trivia are shared, including the origin of certain phrases such as "rule of thumb" and "goodnight, sleep tight," the invention of golf, and the use of whistles in English pubs. The conversation also touches on topics such as the invention of various objects and the percentage of wilderness in different parts of the world. However, the originator of the conversation has not verified any of the information presented.
Art said:
Gokul - Re horses - I was told it was only legend with the possible exception of Gettysburg by a curator whilst in a museum in Washington.

The problem with many statues of Napoleon and the legend is that they do depict him on a horse with both forelegs raised whereas he did not die in battle.

Based on the link Evo supplied it seems only 1/3 of sculptors know of this code :biggrin:

I don’t know about American military statue rules, but I have heard something along the lines that the tradition of representing riders upon horses performing the pesade or levade( I think the levade actually originated later again) began with Velazquez, and that this position with a rider was a newly attained feat, and very difficult for both horse and rider to accomplish.

‘In this court, dedicated to preserving reputation at all costs, with its coffers and its gene pool disastrously reduced, artifice and sleight-of-hand were essential. Once there, the radical youth could not carry on painting like Caravaggio, he gives his master's what they want; we see the great Olivares in gleaming black armour, easily staying in the saddle as his horse performs a levade, a move which requires the peak of equestrian ability, and also conveying the message that this man, not the king is the architect of Spain's military prowess.
This is a pose he also uses, with some irony, for the King's heir, Infante Baltasar Carlos, all part of a highly ambitious programme of political propaganda.’

After that, because it showed greatness, many people wanted themselves represented in similar fashion, and from this I’d guess that how they died wasn’t a consideration in this context.

<h2>1. Is trivia always based on facts?</h2><p>No, trivia can also include false statements or myths that are commonly believed to be true. The key is to determine whether a statement is true or false, regardless of its factual accuracy.</p><h2>2. How can I improve my performance in trivia games?</h2><p>One way to improve in trivia games is to expand your general knowledge by reading books, watching documentaries, and staying updated on current events. It also helps to practice with trivia quizzes and games to sharpen your skills.</p><h2>3. Can I trust all sources of trivia information?</h2><p>No, it is important to fact-check and verify information from different sources before using it as trivia. Some sources may have biased or inaccurate information, so it is best to cross-check and use reliable sources.</p><h2>4. Is there a limit to the topics covered in trivia?</h2><p>No, trivia can cover a wide range of topics including history, science, pop culture, sports, and more. It all depends on the interests and knowledge of the person creating the trivia questions.</p><h2>5. Is there any benefit to playing trivia games?</h2><p>Yes, playing trivia games can improve memory, cognitive skills, and general knowledge. It can also be a fun and entertaining way to learn new things and challenge yourself.</p>

1. Is trivia always based on facts?

No, trivia can also include false statements or myths that are commonly believed to be true. The key is to determine whether a statement is true or false, regardless of its factual accuracy.

2. How can I improve my performance in trivia games?

One way to improve in trivia games is to expand your general knowledge by reading books, watching documentaries, and staying updated on current events. It also helps to practice with trivia quizzes and games to sharpen your skills.

3. Can I trust all sources of trivia information?

No, it is important to fact-check and verify information from different sources before using it as trivia. Some sources may have biased or inaccurate information, so it is best to cross-check and use reliable sources.

4. Is there a limit to the topics covered in trivia?

No, trivia can cover a wide range of topics including history, science, pop culture, sports, and more. It all depends on the interests and knowledge of the person creating the trivia questions.

5. Is there any benefit to playing trivia games?

Yes, playing trivia games can improve memory, cognitive skills, and general knowledge. It can also be a fun and entertaining way to learn new things and challenge yourself.