How long have fans been waiting for the Tron 2 preview?

• Thread starter B. Elliott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Excited
In summary: I think that they often try to cram too much story into the films, and it ends up being a bit of a mess. I am sure that Tron 2 will be good, but I am not very optimistic.In summary, Tron is coming out in 2011, is a sequel to the 1997 movie, and was inspired by earlier movies like The Matrix.
B. Elliott
After 26 long years... finally!:cool:

This is a bootleg of the preview that was shown at Comic-Con just two days ago. So far it sounds like it's coming out in 2011.

Edit: removed clip

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Woohoo!

"FINISH THE GAME!"

Were you at Comic-Con?

No, but I wish I could have gone. A good friend of mine went and called me right after he saw the preview.

I have a feeling 2009 and 2010's going to last forever!:frown:

What is Tron?

Cyrus said:
What is Tron?

:bugeye: I had someone say that just yesterday. That's like someone asking 'what's Forrest Gump?".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efV2wqEjEY

The original movie was about a guy working on a video game that got sucked inside and became part of it.

I remember watching Tron many years ago: awesome movie!

Yeah, I loved Tron, the animation looked very cool for it's time.

I used to blow a large part of my allowance on the arcade game.

Even today the story is pretty good. I loved that movie when it came out. I always doubt a sequel when there has been so long of a time between the pieces. Are there going to be any of the original players in it?

Wow, my wife and I saw Tron while we were still dating. BTW, apparently Jeff Bridges is in the new movie.

1982? Was it that long ago already?

I can't believe it's taken them this long to come up with a sequel.

Evo said:
The original movie was about a guy working on a video game that got sucked inside and became part of it.
That's like saying 2001 was about a guy who built a smart computer.:wink:

Tron is nothing less than the father of CGI films. It was mind-blowing.

And for those of you who think the world was created in 1999...

Watch Tron and tell me it wasn't the original Matrix.

I love how the stuff in the 80's goes:

"In the AGE of the DIGITAL COMPUTERS"

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh DIGITAL COMPUTERS.

Cue in electric drum and piano. Dooo de duu duu DUM DUM DUM dee dooo de DUM DUM. (Beeping noises) DUM DUM (Bling bling bang).

Cyrus, you need to see this. 24 TV show done 1990s style:

http://www.asktheadmin.com/2007/11/fridays-funny.html

I think it's even more suspenseful this way!

Isn't that the movie were two guys, one i a blue car, and one in a red car are racing each other? Because if that's the case, I remember watching it as kid and thinking to myself that it really sucked.

... and Tron is a Disney movie! :) They were quite daring and ahead of their time back then. The rumor about Tron 2 has been around for years, and we first heard it back in 2001

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115350.asp

So it has been building up since then. It's good to know that Tron 2 will finally make it to the theaters soon.

Zz.

When Tron came out I was working for the computer games company http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_Picture_Systems,_Inc." [Broken], so of course I went to see the film. It was not a completely CGI film like Toy Story, but it had a lot of great CGI scenes in it. In addition, in a large part of the live scenes, they cut slits in the celuloid and back lit it with blue light. In the credits you will see a bunch of Chinese names. These were the people who took the film frame by frame and cut out parts of it.

The idea for the movie was clever. A programmer of computer games is sucked into the computer and becomes a player in the various games that he and his colleagues had programmed. There are other beings like himself but whereas they are human representations of games, he is actually human. I will go to see Tron 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
Cyrus, you need to see this. 24 TV show done 1990s style:

http://www.asktheadmin.com/2007/11/fridays-funny.html

I think it's even more suspenseful this way!

:rofl: AHAHAH, "WELCOME!"

Cyrus said:
I love how the stuff in the 80's goes:

"In the AGE of the DIGITAL COMPUTERS"

The word "digital" actually made sense back then since ANALOG computers were still in use in the late seventies. If you ask older physicists you will find that many of them have actually used analog computers to e.g. solve differential equations.

Tron was a good movie, but I am generally suspicious when it comes to sequels to Disney movies.

1. What is Tron 2?

Tron 2, also known as Tron: Legacy, is a science fiction film released in 2010. It is the sequel to the original Tron movie released in 1982.

2. When was the Tron 2 preview released?

The preview for Tron 2 was released in July 2009 at the San Diego Comic-Con.

3. Who directed Tron 2?

Tron 2 was directed by Joseph Kosinski, with Steven Lisberger (director of the original Tron) serving as a producer.

4. What is the plot of Tron 2?

Tron 2 follows the story of Sam Flynn, the son of the original Tron's protagonist, Kevin Flynn. After investigating his father's disappearance, Sam finds himself pulled into the digital world of the Grid where he must fight for his and his father's survival.

5. What was the reception of the Tron 2 preview?

The Tron 2 preview received positive reactions from fans and critics, who praised its stunning visual effects and its connection to the original film. It generated a lot of excitement and anticipation for the release of the full movie.