Unlock Trophy Points: Established Member, Like Family & The Regular

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Borg
  • Start date
In summary, there are currently no indicators for the number of First Responder counts, but this feature may be implemented in the future. There are also clearer descriptions for the Established Member, Like Family, and The Regular trophies. Additionally, there is a way to view all available trophies via the main menu or by clicking on "trophy points" on the profile page. However, the function to track First Responder counts does not currently exist, so users must continue to accumulate them on their own.
Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Would it be possible to add somewhere the ability to see your current First Responder count? There is no way to tell how many times you have been the First Responder in order to know how far away you are to the next badge of that type.

I also have some questions about the trophy points again. There are three that are not clear on how they are defined and I was wondering if they could get better definitions. They are the Established Member, Like Family, and The Regular trophies. The first two indicate a time frame but unlike The Godfather trophy, they don't specify what the timeframe is. The Regular has me stumped. I visit PF almost every day even though I may not post each day. I guess I'm not regular enough. o_O Does it have something to do with a daily post count average?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I am currently traveling and will improve the descriptions when I return

Likes Borg
Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks Greg. Happy travels!

Borg said:
There is no way to tell how many times you have been the First Responder in order to know how far away you are to the next badge of that type.
You can always extrapolate. It is what I do, I should be reaching 1000 some time septemberish, taking into account that activity goes down in the summer. But yes, many times I have wished for a counter ... :)

Edit: Such a counter would not have to be public, just for trophy hunters' personal sanity ...

Orodruin said:
You can always extrapolate. It is what I do, I should be reaching 1000 some time septemberish, taking into account that activity goes down in the summer. But yes, many times I have wished for a counter ... :)

Edit: Such a counter would not have to be public, just for trophy hunters' personal sanity ...
I was doing that which is making me wonder. It took me about 2 months to reach level 3 with 50 FRs. It's been almost four months since then and I haven't reached my second 50. I didn't think that I changed my posting patterns that much.

Only a matter of time I guess. Finally got FR level 4 today! :woot:

Greg Bernhardt said:
@Greg Bernhardt - Are you back?

Not to add to your work load already, but can we also have an indicator if someone has a trophy wife or a trophy husband?

:biggrin:

{Yeah, yeah.. I'm bored waiting for my photocathode to finish cooking}

Zz.

Likes DennisN, dlgoff, Borg and 1 other person
ZapperZ said:
{Yeah, yeah.. I'm bored waiting for my photocathode to finish cooking}

That sounds like a terrible dinner.

Likes DrClaude and mfb
Borg said:
They are the Established Member, Like Family, and The Regular trophies. The first two indicate a time frame but unlike The Godfather trophy, they don't specify what the timeframe is. The Regular has me stumped.
These trophies now have clearer descriptions.

Greg Bernhardt said:
These trophies now have clearer descriptions.
Thanks, Greg! The Regular is nothing like I thought it was. :wideeyed:

Something is wrong with "like family". The description says 4 years, but I think it is 1200 days = 3.3 years.

mfb said:
Something is wrong with "like family". The description says 4 years, but I think it is 1200 days = 3.3 years.
I've never been detail orientated :smile:

mfb said:
description says 4 years, but I think it is 1200 days
"Lawyers?" That's worse than termites. Look out, everybody, we've got an infestation of lawyers.

Borg said:
The Regular is nothing like I thought it was.

I'll sign that one too ... :rolleyes:
Almost half way there - give me another year or so! :biggrin:

Likes Borg
Orodruin said:
I'll sign that one too ... :rolleyes:
Almost half way there - give me another year or so! :biggrin:
Just another 8700 posts to go for me... 25+ years at my current rate. :oldtongue:

Likes phinds and Drakkith
Wait. Descriptions? You mean there are descriptions for these things? I thought that the were made up and distributed at random by Greg when he had eaten enough pizza to be in a good mood.

Where are these descriptions? [I have a feeling I'll slap my forehead once I'm told the obvious]

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Hit "trophy points."

Likes gracy
Bystander said:
Hit "trophy points."
Right. That tells me what *I* have. I thought we were talking about a list of all possible trophy thingies.

Beg pardon --- hit "profile," then "trophy points," the blue number on the profile page --- it will list the trophies you have, then hit "available trophies" on lower right of the list.

Likes gracy
Thanks guys. Not totally obvious but I should have found it by poking around.

phinds said:
found it by poking around
Uh-uh. You never know what's going to pop out of some software --- one of the cats was "poking around" a couple months ago and knocked my laptop out for a couple weeks.

Borg said:
Would it be possible to add somewhere the ability to see your current First Responder count? There is no way to tell how many times you have been the First Responder in order to know how far away you are to the next badge of that type.
@Greg Bernhardt Is there any chance of this being implemented?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm afraid this function does not exist. You just have to keep chugging away :)
So, I've been chugging away... I received the FR 4 badge on June 30 and today I decided to see how many I have responded to first since then. I needed 150 more to get to FR 5 and, by my count, I have had 172 new first responses since July 1st. AFAIK, I should have hit level 5 last week. Is there some additional restriction on this one? A lot of mine have been in the New Member Introduction thread.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Your count is at 135
That's my complete total? So New Member Introduction posts don't count toward the total?

Borg said:
That's my complete total? So New Member Introduction posts don't count toward the total?

As far as I know, any post in the Lounge area of PF doesn't count towards your post count.

Zz.

Likes Evo
ZapperZ said:
As far as I know, any post in the Lounge area of PF doesn't count towards your post count.

Zz.
Yes, that must be it. I wasn't sure that it also applied to other things like the first responder count as well.

Likes Evo
Borg said:
Yes, that must be it. I wasn't sure that it also applied to other things like the first responder count as well.
I was wondering why you were welcoming so many members. :biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja, berkeman and Borg
Evo said:
The Borg are a collective. They welcome everyone.

Likes Evo and Borg
phinds said:
The Borg are a collective. They welcome everyone.
Some species are unsuitable for assimilation ...

Likes Evo and Borg
Evo said:
Yup. Experimenting to see if it had an effect.
Orodruin said:
Some species are unsuitable for assimilation ...
The PF Black Hole assimilates those. :woot:

404blackhole.png

Likes Evo
<h2>What are "Unlock Trophy Points"?</h2><p>"Unlock Trophy Points" are a feature on certain online platforms that rewards users for their participation and engagement on the platform. These points can be earned by completing certain tasks or meeting specific requirements set by the platform.</p><h2>What is an "Established Member"?</h2><p>An "Established Member" is a user who has been actively participating on the platform for a significant amount of time. This could include factors such as account age, number of posts or interactions, and overall contribution to the community.</p><h2>What does it mean to be "Like Family"?</h2><p>Being "Like Family" is a designation given to users who have formed strong connections and relationships within the community. This could include being a helpful and supportive member, having a positive attitude, and being a role model for others.</p><h2>Who is considered "The Regular"?</h2><p>"The Regular" is a term used to describe a user who consistently visits and participates on the platform. This could include factors such as daily logins, frequent interactions, and overall activity on the platform.</p><h2>How do these trophy points benefit users?</h2><p>These trophy points can serve as a form of recognition and status within the community. They can also unlock certain privileges or perks on the platform, such as access to exclusive features or content. Additionally, they can act as a motivator for users to continue engaging with the platform and building their reputation within the community.</p>

What are "Unlock Trophy Points"?

"Unlock Trophy Points" are a feature on certain online platforms that rewards users for their participation and engagement on the platform. These points can be earned by completing certain tasks or meeting specific requirements set by the platform.

What is an "Established Member"?

An "Established Member" is a user who has been actively participating on the platform for a significant amount of time. This could include factors such as account age, number of posts or interactions, and overall contribution to the community.

What does it mean to be "Like Family"?

Being "Like Family" is a designation given to users who have formed strong connections and relationships within the community. This could include being a helpful and supportive member, having a positive attitude, and being a role model for others.

Who is considered "The Regular"?

"The Regular" is a term used to describe a user who consistently visits and participates on the platform. This could include factors such as daily logins, frequent interactions, and overall activity on the platform.

How do these trophy points benefit users?

These trophy points can serve as a form of recognition and status within the community. They can also unlock certain privileges or perks on the platform, such as access to exclusive features or content. Additionally, they can act as a motivator for users to continue engaging with the platform and building their reputation within the community.