Trouble Receiving Trophy Points - Clarifications Needed

• Thread starter moriheru
  • Start date
In summary, there is usually a delay before the points are awarded, but they come through in the end. Trophies are awarded once a day if the requirements are met. The first responder medal is for being the first to respond to n threads, where n is some number that I immediately forgot when I saw I was given that trophy. It was locked due to thread age. I have reopened it.
moriheru
I am having some problems resieving trophy points, for example after 100 messages and others. Is this just a delay and will I then receive them later or have I made a foolisch mistake? It doesn't really matter, but I was just wondering...Thanks for any clarifications!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah, thanks I have just received them, thanks greg bernhardt! Great forum.

I have noticed that there is usually a delay before the points are awarded, but they come through in the end.

I'm wondering why I don't have the first responder medals, I know since the forum change I've been the first to respond to more than 10 threads.

Has anybody got the Godfather medal?

Evo said:
I'm wondering why I don't have the first responder medals, I know since the forum change I've been the first to respond to more than 10 threads.

I thought the first responder medal was awarded for answering in a single thread 10 times?!

moriheru said:
I thought the first responder medal was awarded for answering in a single thread 10 times?!
That could be, but why then would it be labled "First" responder? :)

moriheru said:
Has anybody got the Godfather medal?

Sure thing. 7 years is not that long.

I see you are one.
I don't know about first responder, because then I would have had about 20 threads answered first or 15 but more than ten, would it count if I respond to my own thread :) ?
Is the Rank Mentor achievable by every user or just gold members or selected users and if what must I do to get Mentor?

Last edited:
Mentors are selected by Greg and the mentors. It's not a recognition, it's an actual a job, volunteer.

moriheru said:

No, the first responder is for being the first to respond to n threads, where n is some number that I immediately forgot when I saw I was given that trophy. I think it was a very small number, like maybe 25 or so

What about the birthday trophy does it refer to the first time I was first on the forum or my actuall birhtday, yes I know it is a stupid question?

I think the first responder is working. I got to level 3 already and I'm waiting for my first-aid kit.

moriheru said:
my actuall birhtday
Whatever date you put as your birth date your profile.

I think I am going to try editing my profile on a daily basis...

Likes adjacent
Borek said:
I think it's only rewarded once :)

Borek said:
That may help you think you're getting younger. We need a good chemical to really do the trick.

dlgoff said:
That may help you think you're getting younger. We need a good chemical to really do the trick.

I have a chemical here that perhaps doesn't make me younger, but helps forgetting the age.

Likes moriheru and dlgoff
Borek said:
I have a chemical here that perhaps doesn't make me younger, but helps forgetting the age.
Save some for me. lol

I remember seeing once that I had some trophies. I don't remember what they were for or how many I had, not that it matters, but I've never seen them since. How do I see a list of them?

Go to your profile and click on Trophy Points

I seem to be missing some trophy points (Academic Institution Member and Gold Member). Not that I care :D, but how do I get them?

Borek said:
Let me guess it's Rogaine...

Likes dlgoff
jedishrfu said:
Let me guess it's Rogaine...

No, but sold in bottles as well.

Borek your great!

I went to a post I myself made to see why someone had "liked" it and was informed that I did not have sufficient privileges to respond to my own post.

What do I need to do to acquire response privileges?

Last edited:
mathwonk said:
I went to a post I myself made to see why someone had "liked" it and was informed that I did not have sufficient privileges to respond to my own post.

What do I need to do to acquire response privileges?
Link?

Perhaps it was in some old, locked tread?

So who got the Trophy Wife, or Trophy Husband?

:)

Zz.

Likes moriheru
ZapperZ said:
So who got the Trophy Wife, or Trophy Husband?

:)

Zz.
I think lisab should get trophy wife :)

Thank you, I don't really have a fresh post for that thread just now - I am just trying to learn the rules of the game.

Oh I see, the lock on the thread is not visible when you click on the link to the actual post, only if you back out to the title page of all threads.

1. Why am I not receiving any trophy points?

There could be several reasons for this. First, make sure that you are meeting all the requirements for earning trophy points, such as participating in discussions and receiving likes on your posts. Also, check if there are any technical issues with the website or your account. If you are still having trouble, reach out to the website's support team for further assistance.

2. How do I know how many trophy points I have?

You can check your trophy points by going to your profile page. The total number of points you have earned will be displayed there, along with a breakdown of how many points you have earned in each category.

3. Can I lose trophy points?

Yes, it is possible to lose trophy points if you engage in any behavior that violates the website's terms of service. This could include spamming, trolling, or posting inappropriate content. Your trophy points may also decrease if you delete posts or comments that have earned you points.

4. How long does it take for trophy points to show up on my account?

Trophy points are usually updated in real-time, so they should show up on your account immediately after you have earned them. However, if there are any technical issues or delays, it may take longer for the points to appear on your account.

5. Can I transfer or exchange my trophy points?

No, trophy points cannot be transferred or exchanged for any other form of currency or rewards. They are simply a way to track your contributions and engagement on the website.