1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tropical countries

1. Feb 14, 2008 #1
    Are there any tropical countries into which a person from Canada could move and find work. Preferably physics related work (or science/technology in general), but not necessarily.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Winter getting to you ? Move here to Vancouver - no work, but you don't have to shovel as much snow!

What about the US? Florida is almost tropical, Arizona is warm but a nicer climate!

4. Feb 14, 2008 #3
    Partly winter, partly that I've spent my entire life here, and it would be pretty cool to go live in a different culture for a few years at least. I live in an appartment, so I don't have to shovel snow.

Mostly for the change of culture and scenery, but also for the weather. I'm graduating (bachelors) in a few months, and don't have any job offers around here yet, and I got the (crazy?) idea that it would be fun to move to the tropics for a few years/decades (depending how well I like living there).

Though if you know of any good jobs in Vancouver, let me know, I'd be interested in that too. My major is mathematical physics, I've done some geophys, and some numerical modelling ;)

5. Feb 14, 2008 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  6. Feb 14, 2008 #5
    You could try somewhere like Japan or something. Or Singapore...

7. Feb 14, 2008 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or India. Great food there, too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?