Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Trouble with latex

1. Apr 28, 2010 #1
    I just made a thread here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=399124 and now whenever I try to use latex to create a new thread I get the same latex stuff from this thread I linked. Here for example

[tex]lol[/tex] [tex]a^2[/tex] [tex]\sup[/tex] [tex]hi how are you[/tex] and what I typed for each one is [.tex]lol[/tex] [.tex]a^2[/tex] [.tex]\sup[/tex] [.tex]hi how are you[/tex] (without the dots of course). So why is it repeating the same things from my previous thread? I tried restarting my computer and logging in and out but it still does it. Help me fix this please.

Edit: Hmm now after submitting this thread I see that my preview button is bugged because it did not look like this when I was previewing it before I posted it. Anyways, could you tell me how to fix my buggy preview button?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2010 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hi DEMJ! :smile:

This is a general defect in the preview facility (it's been around for a couple of weeks) … preview shows whatever latex is in your cache, but the final post is still correct.

The solution is to press Refresh on your browser after pressing Preview. :wink:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook