Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trouble with updates

1. Dec 30, 2005 #1

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Something weird is going on:
    For some reason, I am only able to access new replies from the main page, but not from the individual subforums.

For example, in a thread at diff.eq, my own recent reply can only be accessed from the main page (as the last one posted), but is not accessible from the diff. eq forum.
    If I go in there, only Leonhard Euler's last reply is there.

I've registered the same happening on a few other threads as well.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We don't know why this happens. It's happened to me several times too. Was Russ posting in any proximity to you? It only seems to happen to me when I post in the same thread as Russ. :rofl: It's some weird glitch. It must mean you're special. :biggrin:

4. Dec 31, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

Thanks for the warning!:biggrin:

5. Dec 31, 2005 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Russ is a gentleman; I won't accuse him of nefarious practices.

6. Jan 2, 2006 #5
    I've had that happen a couple times. A friend of mine that plays around with his computer settings quite a bit has that sort of thing happen with his browser consistently. I think it has something to do with how often the browser is set to refresh pages or something like that. Does it fix itself if you hit refresh at all?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?