Trouble Accessing New Replies on Forums

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be a glitch on the forum where new replies can only be accessed from the main page and not from the individual subforums. This has been noticed by multiple users and it is unclear why it happens. Some speculate that it may be related to posting in the same thread as a specific user. However, it is not confirmed and could be a random occurrence. Hitting refresh on the browser may fix the issue, but this is not guaranteed.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Something weird is going on:
For some reason, I am only able to access new replies from the main page, but not from the individual subforums.

For example, in a thread at diff.eq, my own recent reply can only be accessed from the main page (as the last one posted), but is not accessible from the diff. eq forum.
If I go in there, only Leonhard Euler's last reply is there.

I've registered the same happening on a few other threads as well.

Physics news on Phys.org
We don't know why this happens. It's happened to me several times too. Was Russ posting in any proximity to you? It only seems to happen to me when I post in the same thread as Russ. :rofl: It's some weird glitch. It must mean you're special. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
We don't know why this happens. It's happened to me several times too. Was Russ posting in any proximity to you? It only seems to happen to me when I post in the same thread as Russ. :rofl: It's some weird glitch. It must mean you're special. :biggrin:
Thanks for the warning!:biggrin:

Russ is a gentleman; I won't accuse him of nefarious practices.

I've had that happen a couple times. A friend of mine that plays around with his computer settings quite a bit has that sort of thing happen with his browser consistently. I think it has something to do with how often the browser is set to refresh pages or something like that. Does it fix itself if you hit refresh at all?

What causes trouble accessing new replies on forums?

There can be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a slow internet connection, a browser error, or a problem with the forum's server.

How can I fix trouble accessing new replies on forums?

First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If that doesn't work, check your internet connection and try accessing the forum on a different device. If the problem persists, reach out to the forum's support team for assistance.

Why do some forum threads show new replies while others do not?

This could be due to the forum's settings. Some forums have a feature that marks threads as read once you've read all the replies, so they may not show up as new even if there are new replies.

Is there a way to receive notifications for new replies on forums?

Yes, most forums have a notification system that allows you to receive notifications for new replies. You can usually customize these settings in your account preferences.

Why can't I access new replies on forums even though I am logged in?

There could be an issue with your account or the forum's server. Try logging out and logging back in or clearing your browser's cache. If the problem persists, contact the forum's support team for assistance.