Troubles Posting Since Yesterday: Solutions

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the posts on the forum have been crashing since yesterday at 21.00 GMT when there is a hard return or when the post is longer than a few words. Testing with a new thread and a normal post showed that it crashes when using quotes or pasting a post multiple times. Retyping the post without codes also caused a crash. It is unclear if the content of the post is the issue or if the forum itself is acting up. It was also mentioned that Greg is on vacation, which may be related to the forum's sluggishness. However, it was later mentioned that Greg's vacation may have been postponed to next year. Overall, troubleshooting the issue has been unsuccessful.
Andre
Since Yesterday around 21.00 GMT my posts crash when there is a hard return in it, or perhaps when it longer than a few words.

Testing with a new thread

Edit. A new thread seems fine when it is a little longer

This goes okay. I'll try again a normal post.

Physics news on Phys.org
Short quick reply possible? edit yes

How about with quotes

Andre said:
How about with quotes
More testing. It crashed when I pasted the post I tried to make for the umpteent time here.

Andre said:
More testing.
Retyped the 70 words clean without codes but that's too much. it said page not found.

I don't know if it's really anything to do with the content of your post. The forum got sluggish a few times on me yesterday, and refused to open once. I think it knows Greg is on vacation and is acting up.

I thought Greg had postponed his trip to La Palma to next year.

Well, so much for troubleshooting.

1. Why am I having trouble posting since yesterday?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a technical glitch on the platform or a problem with your internet connection. It is also possible that there are restrictions on your account that are preventing you from posting.

2. How can I fix the problem of not being able to post since yesterday?

The first step is to check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. If the problem persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue is with your account, you may need to contact the platform's customer support for assistance.

3. Is this a common issue that others are experiencing?

It is difficult to determine if this is a common issue without more information. However, you can check online forums or social media to see if others are reporting similar problems. If so, it is likely a widespread issue that the platform is aware of and working to resolve.

4. Can I still access my previous posts if I am having trouble posting?

Yes, you should still be able to access your previous posts. The issue is likely related to posting new content, not accessing old content. If you are unable to access any of your posts, it could be due to a separate issue that should be addressed with the platform's customer support.

5. Will I be notified when the issue is resolved?

This depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms may send out a notification or update when a known issue has been resolved. However, if the problem is specific to your account, you may not receive a notification. It is best to check the platform's official channels for updates on the issue.