Will a black blob and a white blob glow with the same intensity at 3000 Kelvin?

In summary, if a black blob and a white blob of the same size are each heated to 3000 Kelvin, the black blob will glow brighter. The intensity of radiation does not depend on color.
shmijda

Homework Statement

If a black blob and a white blob of the same size are each heated to 3000 Kelvin, the black blob will glow brighter.Question 11 options:
True
False

Homework Equations

none

The Attempt at a Solution

white because it reflects all incident rays?

Physics news on Phys.org
Once again, I say to you, science is not a democracy. Polling for answer is very much the wrong way to go about it.

If you know that an object is at 3000 degrees K, do you need to know anything else to know the intensity of its radiation?

Sorry about the polling, I promptly deleted it. I think that intensity of radiation does not depend on color?

shmijda said:
Sorry about the polling, I promptly deleted it. I think that intensity of radiation does not depend on color?
Scratch that I figured it out thank you

1. What is "TRUE/FALSE light question"?

"TRUE/FALSE light question" is a hypothetical question that presents two possible answers, true or false, and asks the individual to choose which one is correct.

2. How is a "TRUE/FALSE light question" different from a regular true/false question?

A "TRUE/FALSE light question" is usually more open-ended and thought-provoking than a regular true/false question, which tends to be more direct and fact-based.

3. What is the purpose of using "TRUE/FALSE light question" in scientific studies?

"TRUE/FALSE light question" can be an effective tool for testing an individual's critical thinking skills and their ability to analyze and make decisions based on limited information. It can also be used to stimulate discussion and debate in a research setting.

4. Is there a correct answer to a "TRUE/FALSE light question"?

No, there is no correct answer to a "TRUE/FALSE light question." The purpose of this type of question is to encourage critical thinking and perspective-taking, rather than finding a definitive answer.

5. Can "TRUE/FALSE light question" be used in any field of science?

Yes, "TRUE/FALSE light question" can be used in any field of science as it is a versatile tool for testing critical thinking skills and promoting discussion and debate among researchers.