Can Motion Exist Without Force?

• Thread starter r-soy
  • Start date
As phyzguy said, "because p implies q" doesn't mean the same thing as "if p then q". Look at each statement that you said is "correct" and write out the statement that you think it's true because of, and you'll see what we mean. (For the first one you won't be able to do that, which means it's not logically correct.)All my answer are correct ??No, not all of your answers are correct. As others have pointed out, your reasoning for some of the statements is incorrect and does not logically follow. Also, your first statement is not true because an object can have motion without a force acting on it, such as in the case of an
r-soy
True or false :

It is possible to have motion in the absence of a force (F)
beacuse no motion without force

If an object is not moving , no external force acts on it (T)
beacuse each object will not move unless a force acts on it

If a single force acts on an object , the object accelerates ( T)
beacuse every object has force has accelerates

If an object experiences an acceleration , a force acts on it ( T)

If an object experences no acceleration , no external force acts on it ( T)
beacuse every object has no force has no accelerates

If the net force acting on an object is in the x direction the object moves in the x direction ( T )
beacuse when force effet on the object will go same direction of force

I want check my answer please >>

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
By my count you have 2/6 correct, 4/6 wrong. Think about the difference between velocity and acceleration.

It would be much easier to help if you explained your reasoning.

I explained my reasoning by apply Newton second law

r-soy said:
I explained my reasoning by apply Newton second law

Why don't you explain what you think motion means? The term appears in a number of problems that you got wrong, so you might want to be more specific about things.

I get the similar count as phyzguy. Try explaning the reasoning to each prob .. exactly why you chose whether true or false.

?

r-soy said:
?
Do you not know what "explain" and "reason" mean?

r-soy said:
True or false :
I can't imagine how you would answer these "true" or "false". Many of them simply don't make sense.

It is possible to have motion in the absence of a force (F)
beacuse no motion without force
The 'because' seems to contradict the statement!

If an object is not moving , no external force acts on it (T)
beacuse each object will not move unless a force acts on it
Again, a non-sequitur. "because each object will not move unless a force acts on it" would explain "if an object is moving there must be an external force acting on it", not the statement given.

If a single force acts on an object , the object accelerates ( T)
Okay- not very good English, but true.

If an object experiences an acceleration , a force acts on it ( T)
Once again a "p implies q because q implies p" statement. Not logical.

If an object experences no acceleration , no external force acts on it ( T)
beacuse every object has no force has no accelerates
The statement is true but because of "every object that has a force accelerates" not the reason given here.

[qote]If the net force acting on an object is in the x direction the object moves in the x direction ( T )
beacuse when force effet on the object will go same direction of force [/quote]
True

I want check my answer please >>

The Attempt at a Solution

Most of these seem to be of the form "if p then q because if q then p" (which is false logic). Also, as others have tried to point out, an object can move in a straight line, at constant speed, with NO force on it. You don't seem to realize that.

but all my answer are correct ??

HallsofIvy said:
Most of these seem to be of the form "if p then q because if q then p" (which is false logic). Also, as others have tried to point out, an object can move in a straight line, at constant speed, with NO force on it. You don't seem to realize that.

Halls, I assumed that the "because ..." following each question was his/her attempt at justifying the answer (T/F) that he/she gave for the statement above that line. If that's the case, then the questions make sense, it's just that the OP's explanations don't.

r-soy said:
but all my answer are correct ??

Most of your answer are not correct if you've correctly transcribed each statement.

1. Is there a specific method I should use to check my answer?

It is always best to use a reliable and accurate method to check your answer, such as consulting a trusted source or conducting an experiment.

2. Can I trust the results of my answer check?

If you have used a reliable method to check your answer, you can trust the results. However, it is always a good idea to double check your work to ensure accuracy.

3. Is it important to check my answer, even if I am confident in my initial response?

Yes, it is important to check your answer even if you are confident in your initial response. This can help catch any mistakes or errors that may have been overlooked.

4. What should I do if my answer does not match the expected result?

If your answer does not match the expected result, it is important to re-evaluate your approach and try again. You may also seek help from a peer or instructor to ensure understanding.

5. Can I use multiple methods to check my answer?

Yes, using multiple methods to check your answer is recommended. This can help provide a more comprehensive understanding and increase the likelihood of accuracy.