I am looking to clean and replace the indicating fluid in some manometers at work and I am looking at information on the Tetrabromoethane. It seems all the data points to this stuff being toxic, yet I can never seem to pin down an opinion on what level is dangerous (other than the OSHA requirements). The MSDSs I've looked at can't even agree on a vapor pressure or an evaporation rate for this stuff. If anyone has worked with this stuff (or these manometers) and knows truly what precautions I should take to change this fluid, let me know. I am thinking the short amount of time I will be exposed that chemical resistant gloves should be sufficient. Does anyone have other examples of how this affects humans at typical exposures other that the one (1) case sited of a 16 ppm exposure being nearly fatal? Weird question, I know, but I find it fascinating that this is considered so dangerous, yet we allow it to continue to be used if it truly is so.