Is There a User-Friendly Program for Creating Truth Trees?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a simple program to create truth trees. They mention not wanting to use MS Paint or complicated flow chart programs, and are seeking recommendations for a free option. Another speaker suggests using dot/GraphViz or a basic vector graphics editor such as Inkscape.
blalien
I'm looking for a simple program that will create truth trees for me. You see graphics like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Partially_built_tableau.svg/200px-Partially_built_tableau.svg.png) all the time, but I can't believe anybody would be fiddling around on MS Paint or one of those excessively complicated flow chart programs. Any recommendations? Free is always good.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see that it's too complicated to make such graphs with basic vector graphics editor like http://www.inkscape.org/" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Dot

Try dot/GraphViz.

Image looks like it was made in microsoft visio to me

1. What is the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" used for?

The "Truth Tree Graphics Program" is a software tool used by logicians and mathematicians to create and analyze truth trees. Truth trees are visual representations of logical arguments that help to determine their validity.

2. Is the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" user-friendly?

Yes, the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to create and edit truth trees with ease.

3. Can the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" handle complex logical arguments?

Yes, the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" has the capability to handle complex logical arguments with multiple premises and conclusions. It also allows for the use of different logical systems, such as propositional or first-order logic.

4. Is the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" compatible with other programs?

Yes, the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" is compatible with other programs and can be used in conjunction with other software tools for logic and mathematics. It also allows for the import and export of truth trees in various file formats.

5. Is the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" free to use?

No, the "Truth Tree Graphics Program" is a commercial software and requires a purchase or subscription to use. However, there may be trial versions or free demos available for users to try before making a purchase.