Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Try this

1. Nov 24, 2011 #1
    My supervisor at work is chronically upbeat. She works at inspiring her people. She says things like "you're just fantastic!" or "you're just the best!". So I started saying similar things back to her and she will say "No you're the best!". And we laugh. The other day she walked by some of us and said "I just wanted to say how much I love all of you." We all looked at each other. So the other day I said to my wife "you're the best!" Wow it really made a positive impact on her. Better than the old 'I love you'. Try this with those in your life and see what happens. Let me know. Doing nice and unexpected things for people can have suprising results. One time at this hospital where I worked as a voulnteer we passed out homemade valentines to anybody who came along. In the elevator I asked one nurse if her husband had given her a valentine yet. She said no. I gave her one and it rocked her boat. I'll never forget that lesson.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2011 #2
    This is a great idea! You're awesome for posting this! :smile:

4. Nov 24, 2011 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Tregg Smith, you're the best!!

5. Nov 24, 2011 #4
    Enjoy her while you can.
    The next one will be " Ok people, buckle down. I want results."
    And the upside of that. though, is that you will feel much better going home than coming in to work.

6. Nov 24, 2011 #5
    lol micro...you are definitely the best :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook