Can I Contribute to PF with an Old Paypal Account and New IP Address?

• Thread starter GENIERE
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has been trying to contribute to PF for months but is having trouble with PayPal. They have never used PayPal except for PF and have had multiple IP addresses since their last use. They are unable to complete the process due to their credit card being linked to an older IP. The other speaker suggests seeking help from PayPal and contacting Greg for assistance.
GENIERE
Trying to contribute!

For months and months and months I've been trying to again contribute to PF. Pay pal has me stymied. I've never used Paypal except for PF. I 've had several IP's since I used Paypal the last time. I cannot get through the process since my credit card is tagged to one of the older IP's.

AAAAAGH!

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried getting help through PayPal? You may need to explain to them that you're really still you even if you don't have the same email/IP you used to have. This is the only thing I've ever used PayPal for either, so hopefully I won't be running into the same trouble when it's time to renew.

Geniere, e-mail Greg and he can get it fixed.

1. Can I still contribute to PF with an old Paypal account and a new IP address?

Yes, you can still contribute to PF with an old Paypal account and a new IP address. As long as your Paypal account is active and in good standing, you can use it to make contributions to PF, regardless of your IP address.

2. Will using a new IP address affect my contribution to PF?

No, using a new IP address will not affect your contribution to PF as long as your Paypal account is in good standing. The IP address is only used for security purposes and does not affect the functionality of your Paypal account.

3. Do I need to update my Paypal account information if I use a new IP address?

No, you do not need to update your Paypal account information if you use a new IP address. Your Paypal account information is linked to your account, not your IP address. However, if you have changed your physical address, you may need to update that information in your Paypal account.

4. Is there a limit to how many contributions I can make using an old Paypal account and a new IP address?

No, there is no limit to how many contributions you can make using an old Paypal account and a new IP address. As long as your Paypal account is in good standing and you have sufficient funds, you can make multiple contributions to PF.

5. Will my contribution be processed immediately if I use a new IP address?

Yes, your contribution will be processed immediately if you use a new IP address. The processing time for contributions is not affected by the IP address used. However, if you encounter any issues, you can contact Paypal customer support for assistance.