1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trying to gain a better understanding of laboratory experiments

1. Dec 26, 2011 #1
    I'm not nearly as good at laboratory work as I'd like to be. I'm therefore searching for a book (or books) that describe, at an introductory level, the following topics:

- Methods of using computer code to interface with hardware (e.g. using GPIB/IEEE addresses to extract information from hardware devices, etc.). Preferably, I'd like a book that uses MATLAB, C++, or Java.

- Understanding what the hardware actually does. And by hardware, I mean the devices that you'd typically find in a physics lab: oscilloscopes, function generators, lock-in amplifiers, etc.

I've searched all over Amazon for introductory books that discuss these topics, but to no avail. Any suggestions are of course appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted