Trying To help My Daughter With A Physics ?

• Thread starter Forgo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the best way to introduce physics concepts to your daughter is to start with basic concepts and relate them to real-life examples. To make physics more interesting for her, incorporate fun and interactive activities. Some common misconceptions about physics include thinking that it only applies to the study of motion or that it is too complex for young learners. To encourage your daughter to pursue a career in physics, expose her to different opportunities and resources and provide support and encouragement. There are many real-world applications of physics that your daughter can relate to, such as understanding how roller coasters work, how electricity is generated, and how airplanes stay in the air.
Forgo
She has to figure out where to place a second kid on a seesaw to balance the seesaw. They give you the weight of the seesaw in the problem. Is this relevant? Or do you ignore the weight of the seesaw?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you place the pivot exactly halfway between the board, and assuming the board is uniform in mass/density, then the force of it's weight will act right on the pivot so it won't cause a torque.. meaning you can pretty much exclude it from the equation

Thanks.

1. What is the best way to introduce physics concepts to my daughter?

The best way to introduce physics concepts to your daughter is to start with basic concepts and relate them to real-life examples. Use hands-on activities or experiments to make the concepts more tangible and engaging.

2. How can I make physics more interesting for my daughter?

You can make physics more interesting for your daughter by incorporating fun and interactive activities. This could include building simple machines, playing physics-based games, or watching entertaining science shows.

3. What are some common misconceptions about physics that I should be aware of when teaching my daughter?

Some common misconceptions about physics include thinking that it only applies to the study of motion, or that it is too complex for young learners. It's important to address these misconceptions and show your daughter the wide range of concepts and applications of physics.

4. How can I encourage my daughter to pursue a career in physics?

You can encourage your daughter to pursue a career in physics by exposing her to different opportunities and resources, such as science camps or women in STEM programs. Also, be sure to provide support and encouragement, and highlight the importance of women in the field of physics.

5. What are some real-world applications of physics that my daughter can relate to?

There are many real-world applications of physics that your daughter can relate to, such as understanding how roller coasters work, how electricity is generated, and how airplanes stay in the air. You can also discuss how physics is used in everyday objects, such as cars, cell phones, and even sports equipment.