1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Trying to narrow my Academic field

1. Nov 29, 2012 #1
    So I currently have the following: (All B.S.)
    A degree in Math specializing in Graduate studies
    A degree in Physics specializing in medical physics

and currently pursuing a degree in chemistry.

I am pursuing the third because I have a pattern in my classes.
    Intro level with little theory I tend to do not so great in, but Most 300+ level courses I get at least a B+, which I'm trying to raise my GPA from. Math I usually succeed splendidly, especially in proof writing classes or challenging abstract fields, but the last math class I took I ended with a C+ due to a death in the family (old school teacher, not the most understanding). I would love to get into pure mathematics, I even got asked to do the REU at penn state by one of the heads, but I want to do something that would combine everything. I am currently testing the waters with a mathematical methods for theoretical physics class. I think tensors are crazy in a cool way, and considering taking a differential geometry class just to do further investigation.

Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted