TSK TSK TSK So you Physicists aren't that bright after all

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicists
In summary, an aspiring physicist was sentenced to more than eight years in prison and ordered to pay $3.5 million for his role in a spree of arson and vandalism that targeted gas-guzzling Hummers and other sports utility vehicles.
gravenewworld
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/18/suv.vandalism.reut/index.html

What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
you are quite wrong.

"LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- An aspiring physicist was sentenced Monday to more than eight years in prison and ordered to pay $3.5 million for his role in a spree of arson and vandalism that targeted gas-guzzling Hummers and other sports utility vehicles."

Kudos to the man.

I'd like to emphasize the word "ASPIRING"...He wasn't a pedigree physicist...:wink:

I still think they're normal individuals,just like anyone else...Just smarter...:-p

Daniel.

so did he bomb the quals or was he just spraying SUVs :smile:

There's a big difference between intellect and good judgement.

gravenewworld said:
TSK TSK TSK So you Physicists aren't that bright after all
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/18/suv.vandalism.reut/index.html
What a waste.

So, since children were responsible for Columbine massacre, does that make all children killers? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
" TSK TSK TSK So you Physicists aren't that bright after all"

With 300+ posts I'm amused you haven't really gotten the gist of this community.. to start a topic with that title, stereotype everyone under their profession, and then draw a conclusion all in one sentence, without any punctuation marks, is pretty indicative of your prejudice towards those superior to your intellectual capability

LOL calm down people, it was a little joke... (how iz mi grammer?)

im in engineering and I am defending physicists.. unbelivable what this world is coming to :rolleyes:

cronxeh said:
im in engineering and I am defending physicists.. unbelivable what this world is coming to :rolleyes:
Do you think the physicists would ever do the same for you?

and where do you think they get their latest gadgets :biggrin:

gravenewworld said:
LOL calm down people, it was a little joke... (how iz mi grammer?)
Would you then please, for Chissakes, use smilies? I suspected a less-than-serious approach to that based upon a couple of your previous posts, but it's far from a 'given'. :smile:

edit: PS: Yur gramer kinda xucks. :biggrin:

Last edited:
:biggrin: I like being nonchalant when joking on the forums. Using smiles just gives it away. The problem with posting on the internet is that you can't tell what tone of voice I am trying say things in. If I said this to you in real life and showed you the article, then you would obviously know I wasn't being serious.

cronxeh said:

The end. The very end.

gravenewworld said:
(how iz mi grammer?)

danger said:
edit: PS: Yur gramer kinda xucks. :biggrin:

Do I have to point out the difference between grammar, spelling and punctuation to you again?

Smurf said:
Do I have to point out the difference between grammar, spelling and punctuation to you again?
The reference wasn't to that quote; it was to the lack of punctuation in the title. :-p

Math Is Hard said:
Do you think the physicists would ever do the same for you?

You guys are all evil lol

And wasnt the irony to this case the fact that by burning hte vehicles, he released more pollutants into the air then the vehicles would have ever produced in all their lifetimes?

Related to TSK TSK TSK So you Physicists aren't that bright after all

1. Why do physicists receive criticism for not being "bright"?

There is a common misconception that physicists are solely focused on theoretical and abstract concepts, and therefore lack practical intelligence. However, this is far from the truth as physicists are highly skilled in critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical reasoning.

2. What makes physicists qualified to make significant contributions to society?

Physicists have a deep understanding of the fundamental laws that govern the universe, which allows them to develop groundbreaking technologies and advancements in various fields such as medicine, energy, and communication. They also possess strong mathematical and computational skills that are essential for innovation and progress.

3. How do physicists challenge the status quo and drive progress?

Physicists are constantly questioning and challenging existing theories and concepts, which leads to new discoveries and advancements. They are also open to collaboration and interdisciplinary approaches, which promotes innovation and progress in diverse areas.

4. Is it true that physicists only work in laboratories?

No, physicists work in various settings, including research labs, universities, government agencies, and private companies. They also have a wide range of career options, such as data analysis, engineering, teaching, and consulting.

5. What skills do physicists possess that make them valuable in the job market?

Aside from their scientific knowledge and technical skills, physicists are highly adaptable, detail-oriented, and have strong problem-solving abilities. They also possess excellent communication and teamwork skills, making them valuable assets in any industry or organization.