1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tube Ccts

1. Jun 15, 2006 #1
    Hey everyone!

I have a project going on with a friend...a hifi tube amp! yeehaw!

Im going to start small the 60 watt range (30 per channel) and am wondering if anyone has any recommended reading for tube amp circuits, i need a book that gets right down into the dirt of tubes so that i can design it from the roots up with very low noise level and ideal configurations.

Any direction is greatly appreciated as I just got through my EE degree and we didnt even touch on vacuum tubes once...everything is solid state and digital it seems. grrrrrr not in the audiophile wolrd :D

Take good care all,
    Dave

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2006 #2
    Here is a short tutorial on the internet:

http://www.hans-egebo.dk/Tutorial/amplifiers.htm

Just a thought.. if you are going for low noise, vaccum tubes may not be the ticket. Most audiophiles I know like the sound from these units because they are not very clean. The second harmonic distortion does have a rather pleasant effect, especially with old Fender guitar amps.

4. Jun 15, 2006 #3

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?