Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Turbofan HPT blade research

1. Aug 13, 2010 #1
    Hi all
    I recently found this thread helpful in my research
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=242166
    and I figured you guys were a good option to help me find some more specific detail.
    I am currently looking at background research for an investigation of the surface finish characteristics of the high pressure turbine blades of turbofan motors.
    I am looking for general background information on; single crystal growth techniques, post casting machining procedures, Nickel superalloys, creep limiting data, plus anything else that would inform me in meaningful way about the field generally.
    I also need good data referring to the surface finish of the blades, from both a surface metrology point of view and a fluid dynamics perspective.
    I have searched and found some useful material but I have always found real people with experience in the field a far better bet than Google.
    I would be very grateful for any information or references you might be able to offer, and any more generalised comments you might make.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted