Turbulent Cells and Telescopes: Seeking Help

In summary, the conversation discusses the impact of turbulent cells in the atmosphere on telescopes of different scales. It is noted that telescopes with a full view of the eddy will experience different errors compared to those with a partial view. The speaker expresses interest in understanding the size of the eddies and encourages Janm to continue asking questions.
skiboka33
I don't understand why these turbulent cells in the atmosphere tend to cause different problems in larger and smaller scale telescopes. anyone who can help me out?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
skiboka33 said:
I don't understand why these turbulent cells in the atmosphere tend to cause different problems in larger and smaller scale telescopes. anyone who can help me out?
If you have a telescope with the whole eddy in sight it is different from a telescope with some plus and some minus effect altogether...
In the first case a total random error takes place in the second a adding of some plus and some minus error. In the first place a total random error and in the second place perhaps a systematic plus or minus error.
What I am am interested in: so you have a impression of the largeness of the eddies?
greetings Janm

Get on with these questions!

What are turbulent cells?

Turbulent cells are areas of fluid motion within a larger body of fluid, such as a liquid or gas. These cells are typically characterized by chaotic, irregular flow patterns and can be observed in a variety of natural and man-made systems.

How are turbulent cells studied?

Scientists use a variety of techniques to study turbulent cells, including laboratory experiments, numerical simulations, and field observations. These methods allow researchers to better understand the physical processes that drive turbulent flow and to develop models that can predict its behavior.

What is the relationship between turbulent cells and telescopes?

Turbulent cells can have a significant impact on the performance of telescopes, especially those used for astronomical observations. The turbulent flow of air in Earth's atmosphere can cause distortions in the images captured by telescopes, leading to blurry or distorted views. Scientists are continuously working to develop techniques to correct for these distortions and improve the quality of telescope images.

How can telescopes be used to study turbulent cells?

Telescopes can be used to observe and study turbulent cells in a variety of natural phenomena, such as the flow of gases in planetary atmospheres or the movement of fluids in the oceans. By capturing images and data from these turbulent systems, scientists can gain a better understanding of their behavior and how they impact the larger environment.

Why is seeking help important in studying turbulent cells and telescopes?

Studying turbulent cells and telescopes can be complex and challenging, and it is important for scientists to seek help and collaborate with others in order to make progress in this field. By working together, researchers can share knowledge, resources, and expertise to overcome obstacles and make new discoveries in this exciting area of study.