Turkish Prisoners

  • News
  • Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • #1
271
3
The world reporter says that 3 Turkish citizens were captured, but CNN reports 4.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/10/turkish.hostages/


So basically by the looks of things, if you're not a terrorist, these guys will try to kill you in an inhumane manner.

And why the hell do they keep on sending out tapes? The first 2 times they took hostages, their demands were not met.

How do they even send in so many damn tapes anonymously? You'd think that sooner or later the US would catch them.

According to CNN:

The statement said the hostages will be treated humanely "in appreciation" of Turkish protests against U.S. troop prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib and the activities of Israel, which is referred to by the speaker as the "Zionist entity."

Earlier this week, two other Turkish hostages and their Iraqi Turkoman driver -- also Serka employees -- were freed after they had been kidnapped Sunday night, the company said.
Did the Korean or American hostages support the abuse at Abu Ghraib?

Were the prisoners at Abu Ghraib innocent and defenseless civilians? :mad:
 
Last edited:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
22
0
First consider the assumption that these terrorists are actually who you think they are.
 
  • #3
5
0
Terrorists claimed the beheadings, what more does it take to accept the truth Adam?
 
  • #4
Njorl
Science Advisor
258
11
Dagenais said:
Were the prisoners at Abu Ghraib innocent and defenseless civilians? :mad:
According to the US Army, between 70% and 90% were innocent civilians.

Njorl
 
  • #5
271
3
Weren't they prisoners of war?

between 70 and 90 percent? Isn't that kind of a large estimate?

But we'll say 80%. Okay, 100% of those beheaded were innocent civilians. All of them, every single one, everyone of those that were beheaded were defenseless.

Feel better?
 
  • #6
Njorl
Science Advisor
258
11
Dagenais said:
Weren't they prisoners of war?

between 70 and 90 percent? Isn't that kind of a large estimate?

But we'll say 80%. Okay, 100% of those beheaded were innocent civilians. All of them, every single one, everyone of those that were beheaded were defenseless.

Feel better?
No, I don't.
I don't believe either justifies the other.

I also find it absurd that you call the Turks who were released terrorists.

Njorl
 
  • #7
271
3
I didn't call the Turks who were released terrorists. I called their captors terrorists.
 
  • #8
5
0
Dagenais said:
So basically by the looks of things, if you're not a terrorist, these guys will try to kill you in an inhumane manner.
thats what u said. Which means everybody that was released is a terrorist, but ofcourse thats not what you meant :tongue2:
 

Related Threads on Turkish Prisoners

  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
2K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
36
Views
7K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
3K
Replies
1
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
13
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
3K
Top