Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tuturial on Siesta program

1. Oct 11, 2008 #1
    Hi all,

I'm searching a tutorial on the usage of Siesta software. I have found the manual of Siesta from the developer's web site (http://www.uam.es/departamentos/ciencias/fismateriac/siesta/) but I'm now looking for some example files and explainations. Could you please point me to a tutorial link, file if you know one?

Regards,

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2008 #2

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You probably checked the official site's tutorials? Those can be of some use, does the current release have examples / templates included? Long time since had anything to do with Siesta.

4. Oct 14, 2008 #3
    Hi Perennial,

Yes I've checked the site, there is a manual that gives the explaination of commands. Also, there are exampe *.fdf files in the Siesta folder but I'm looking a tutorial that explains all the capabilities of Siesta on examples, if any.

Regards,

5. Oct 16, 2008 #4

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Oct 18, 2008 #5
    Thanks Perennial. I've downloaded all the stuff from official site. If I find extra files, I'll share on this board.

Regards,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?