Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tv/vcr combo

1. Jun 7, 2004 #1
    I own a small 14" tv/vcr combo (with only input cables) and a 27" tv. The tv/vcr combo is the only vcr I own (and can afford at the moment).

My problem is: Can I connect my tv/vcr combo to my bigger 27" tv so I can watch vhs movies on the bigger screen? Is there anything out there that can help me?

Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2004 #2
    If your combo has no video outputs of any kind (RCA or RF), there's no way to connect it to another television. Otherwise, it should just be a simple matter of hooking the combo's outs to the bigger TV's ins.
  4. Jun 7, 2004 #3
    There is a vhf/uhf connection for coaxial cables. Would that help?
  5. Jun 7, 2004 #4
    Probably not -- I'm assuming that's where you'd plug in your Cable-TV from the wall. If you don't have any output jacks, there isn't much you can do.

Considering I've seen DVD players for around $40, they ought to be putting VCRs in Happy Meals by now.
  6. Jun 8, 2004 #5
    Alright then.
    Thanks for your input.
  7. Jun 10, 2004 #6
    On a VCR/DVD combo (or vcr alone, dvd alone, ect) There are usually two coaxial cables. One labeled Ant, or in, the other labeled out, or to tv. I'm assuming that in your first post the 14" means that the dvd/vcr is attached to a tv. If that's true, than you're probably ****ed. Of course there's an out on your computer chip, but that's risky and impractical. If it's attached to a tv, just go get a vcr (or vcr/dvd) and make sure it has an output. Have fun with that.
  8. Jun 10, 2004 #7
    oh, a tv/vcr combo. Now I sound like a total ****ing idiot! I thought you meant a dvd/vcr combo. I apologize for my stupidity. You're ****ed on that deal though. Buy a vcr with no tv attached.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?