Twiddly things

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

wolram

Gold Member
Do you like to twiddle? i can not pass an elastic band without picking it up and twiddling it, or a pebble, any thing that is tactile.

"busy hands...."

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Bubble wrap.

I play with scissors.

I fiddle with anything and everything that's nearby while I'm doing something. I used to fiddle with nail clippers all the time, I kept dropping them on my computer, and my old laptop has a lot of little nicks from it

I fiddle with anything and everything that's nearby while I'm doing something. I used to fiddle with nail clippers all the time, I kept dropping them on my computer, and my old laptop has a lot of little nicks from it
I like nail clippers too. And tweezers. I like to cut things into little pieces, then pick them up, and pile them into little sculptures.

I also make things with food.

I'm the same, hands constantly moving looking for something to do. Any bits of paper nearby live in danger of being torn, twisted and folded into new shapes. Also, I find it difficult to think without a pen and paper to hand for random doodling.
Are doodling and twiddling related ?

I'm the same, hands constantly moving looking for something to do. Any bits of paper nearby live in danger of being torn, twisted and folded into new shapes. Also, I find it difficult to think without a pen and paper to hand for random doodling.
Do you doodle while you twiddle?

-----------------

add: only by hand shaking

Last edited: