Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Twins paradox and astronaut

1. Oct 29, 2013 #1
    Everyone knows that paradox. In true we can say who person is standing,so If we say that the person in earth is standing,then the clock of astronaut will run slower. Else,if we say that astronaut is standing and that earth is moving,we see the clock of earth's person to run slower.
    So in true when astronaut come back to earth,he will not bigger from other but they will have the same age. Then what other strange happened??
    I heard about a gravitational force,when speed of astronaut change. Can you explain more?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2013 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Oct 29, 2013 #3

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

And, dueling with Ultrafast's link for second place in the google page rank, we have.... http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/TwinParadox/twin_paradox.html

They're both good, and I will repeat for Hepic advice that I gave another poster recently: Work through both those FAQ's from the beginning until you understand them. If you get stuck, come back with a specific question and we'll see if we can get you unstuck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook