Experimenting Mechanics: Two Balls, Same Time - Glilio Glili

In summary, the conversation discusses Galileo's experiment of dropping two balls of different sizes and masses at the same time and observing that they reach the ground at the same time due to the constant acceleration of gravity. The person also expresses interest in learning about other experiments in physics, and receives a suggestion to search for classic physics experiments online.
iii
Hallow
I want to know why if I throw 2 balls and one ball is bigger and whit more mass
Why the two balls arrive to the ground in the same time
This is the experiment of glilio glili
Also I search after more experiment in mechanics (physics) like this
Or like this experiment - if I throw a ball up when the ball arrive to the maximum the velocity is zero
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

iii said:
Hallow
I want to know why if I throw 2 balls and one ball is bigger and whit more mass
Why the two balls arrive to the ground in the same time
This is the experiment of glilio glili
Also I search after more experiment in mechanics (physics) like this
Or like this experiment - if I throw a ball up when the ball arrive to the maximum the velocity is zero
thanks

Welcome to the PF. Here is an discussion of Galileo's famous "experiment" (which most likely was a thought experiment, but there is debate about that):

http://www.hindu.com/seta/2005/06/30/stories/2005063000351500.htm

The 2 objects fall at the same rate (neglecting air resistance) because they both experience the same acceleration due to gravity, which is independent of the object's mass.

To find you more examples of experiments, I just googled classic physics experiments. Here is the hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?source...LL_enUS301US302&q=classic+physics+experiments

Thanks berkeman
I will glad to receive more comments

1. What is the purpose of the experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to investigate the mechanics of two balls being released at the same time from different heights and to observe the behavior of the balls as they fall.

2. What materials are needed for this experiment?

Materials needed for this experiment include two balls of different sizes, a measuring tape, a stopwatch, and a flat surface to drop the balls from.

3. What is the hypothesis being tested in this experiment?

The hypothesis being tested is that the two balls will fall at the same rate regardless of their size or the height from which they are released, as stated in Galileo's theory of falling bodies.

4. How will the data be collected and analyzed in this experiment?

The data will be collected by measuring the time it takes for the balls to reach the ground and the distance they fall. This data will then be analyzed using mathematical equations to determine the acceleration and velocity of each ball.

5. What are the expected results of this experiment?

The expected results of this experiment are that both balls will reach the ground at the same time and with the same velocity, proving Galileo's theory of falling bodies to be true.