1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two Books

1. Sep 27, 2004 #1
    I was advised to buy "Dissapearing Cryptography S2- Information Hiding:Steganography and Watermarking" by Peter Wayner and "Linear Time Invariant Systems" by Martin Schetzen. I am clueless as to whether they are good for me or not, I am studying about Cryptography and System Engineering...Anyone here has any reviews or advice for me about these two books ? Please post help me. Thanks a lot

Tu Thanh
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I don't see how steganography is relevant to modern cryptography. You see from the title what it's about; disappearing inks and other techniques for hiding messages from sight. The old greek who shaved his slave's head and wrote a message on the guy's scalp, then let the hair grow back and sent the man to his friend, who knew to shave the head to read the message. Not exactly real-time, but it gives the idea. Not an algorithm in the bunch.
  4. Sep 27, 2004 #3
    I haven't heard of the book you mentioned but something I can recommend is Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier; a cryptologist who clearly has a passion for the topic.

If you're a total beginner then Cryptography for Dummies.

Search amazon or google as well.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. Sep 28, 2004 #4
    you shouldnt't worried about that and about the old greek donkey too.
    another book i used to read is also about cryptie, its free for download it is is called mcdonald among us becauase it is not a good OLD ass book, so we call it is mcdonald.
  6. Sep 28, 2004 #5
    i will send to your mail box if you like
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?