Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two fat guys

1. Aug 28, 2004 #1
    [SOLVED] Two fat guys

Two fat guys were each eating a pizza, when suddenly Donald Trump appeared. Trump says to them: "I have an eating contest for the both of you. I will give 1 million dollar to the person whose pizza gets eaten last."

The two fat guys start nibbling their pizzas, hoping the other guy to eat faster. Two days later, both of them haven't eaten their pizzas halfway yet and they both were getting frustrated. Then they meet this wise hobo and ask him for advice. The hobo says something to them, and they immediately devour their pizzas as soon as possible. What did the hobo say?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Aug 28, 2004 #3
    Uhh... that riddle is about two princes. This one is about two fat guys. They're completely unrelated.

5. Aug 28, 2004 #4
    But the solution is the same.

The hobo tells them to eat eachother's pizza.

6. Aug 28, 2004 #5
    Irrelevant. A dog and a horse are both mammals. But are they the same?

7. Aug 28, 2004 #6
    Alright, alright. After a couple of hours of carefully thinking about what you guys said. Maybe perhaps there is a possibility that my riddle is an isomorphism of the riddle posted by Gokul. But I emphasize "possibility."

8. Aug 28, 2004 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm...yeah, it is a bit of a stretch. But my brain is like hot teflon. :wink:

9. Aug 29, 2004 #8
    Wouldn't "their pizzas" imply their own, the one that 'belongs' to them?

10. Aug 29, 2004 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmmm...upon further scrutiny, I would call this in favor of the original poster (Jin). Good point though.

'Their' suggests that the pizzas belong to them and no third party. It's a collective sort of possession...and has enough leeway built into it to make it acceptable (in my opinion).

'Their respective pizzas' will rule out that possibility.

11. Sep 10, 2004 #10
    they exchanged pizzas and since they have the other guy's pizza, they hurried on eating it.

12. Sep 10, 2004 #11
    If they were smart, one would keep a slice of his hidden, so when they both finished, his was still not eaten. (assuming they switched). Or just eat the other guy's pizza without letting him eat yours (assuming youre an immoral fat guy).

13. Sep 13, 2004 #12
    The hobo said, "you two set a bet between yourselves that who ever wins the previous bet will give one million buck to the one who losses".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?