Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary: Interesting. In summary, the two Teslin residents saw what they think was a Sasquatch, but are still unsure of what it was. Dave Bakica, the conservation officer, believes that they saw something, and the fact that they were so disturbed makes it more likely that it was a real creature.
zoobyshoe
Thu, June 10, 2004
Men sight Sasquatch
By CP

WHITEHORSE -- Whatever two Teslin residents saw in the early morning mist, conservation officer Dave Bakica knows it shook them up. Marion Sheldon and Gus Jules were traveling out of town along the Alaska Hwy. on an ATV, sometime after 1 a.m. last Sunday when they passed what resembled a person standing on the side of the highway.
Thinking it was a local who might be in need of a ride, they turned around and headed back, Bakica explained in an interview yesterday recalling his conservation with the pair.
As the two lifelong Teslin residents and members of the Teslin Tlingit Council approached to within six metres, they noticed the figure was covered in hair, but standing upright.
Jules told Bakica he saw what he believed to be flesh tones hidden beneath a mat of hair.
"I have no doubt they saw something, and are convinced it was not a bear or anything in the ordinary," the conservation officer said.
Sheldon and Jules were unavailable for comment.
Bakica said Jules is an experience hunter. He described the figure as standing about seven feet tall, but hunched over. They could see it was not a person.
The dark-haired figure departed, taking two or three steps to cross the Alaska Highway.
"I have no doubt in my mind that they believe what they saw was a Sasquatch," said Bakica.

The Calgary Sun: Men sight Sasquatch
Address:http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/News/2004/06/10/493038.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
They just keep a comin'

I liked the story of the psychiatrist who, after allegedly seeing bigfoot while hiking near Grant's Pass Oregon, had to poop.

Ivan Seeking said:
They just keep a comin'

I liked the story of the psychiatrist who, after allegedly seeing bigfoot while hiking near Grant's Pass Oregon, had to poop.
I hadn't heard that one. A psychiatrist, eh? Just like Dr. Baddour who saw the zoobies. Perhaps, given a choice, bigfoot prefers to reveal himself to psychiatrists. A cry for help?

zoobyshoe said:
I hadn't heard that one. A psychiatrist, eh? Just like Dr. Baddour who saw the zoobies.

Yes we had that story here somewhere... Also, I was down in Grants Pass recently and I checked but there were no zoobys.

Perhaps, given a choice, bigfoot prefers to reveal himself to psychiatrists. A cry for help?

I would say that this happens because psychiatrists are more understanding and they don't hurt his feelings. :biggrin:

This is one link that I had but maybe the wrong story.
http://www.oregonlive.com/special/current/bigfoot.ssf?/special/current/bigfoot_sightings.frame

Ivan Seeking said:
This is one link that I had but maybe the wrong story.
http://www.oregonlive.com/special/current/bigfoot.ssf?/special/current/bigfoot_sightings.frame
No, that seems to be the right story.

What lends it a lot of credence (meaning he definitely saw something he couldn't explain) is how upset/traumatized he was. Dr. Baddour was as well, and took to carrying a magnum 44, and so were the two guys in the story I posted.

I saw a guy on TV who encountered one, also on a hike in a mountain park, and he said he had nightmares about it for a while afterwards. He pointed out that, even if it turned out that someone had pulled a hoax on him, it was terrifying at the time.

I would be really terrified to encounter a bear in the woods, even knowing what it was. Seeing something larger than a bear, that you didn't recognize, but which looked ape-like/human would certainly mess with your head.

I am much less inclined to believe any stories where the person claims they watched it in exited wonder, or with anything but fear.

zoobyshoe said:
Marion Sheldon and Gus Jules

Well that is enough information for me. I bet the first thing Gus did was tell his brothers Bobby-Joe and Zebidiah, and Grampy Jed.

The dark-haired figure departed, taking two or three steps to cross the Alaska Highway.

How wide is the Alaska highway? Maybe the bottle of Jack helped them see this event more clearly. :wink:

WOAH! Marion is a GUY? O...K... the sources are DEFINITELY unreliable.

jimmy p said:
WOAH! Marion is a GUY? O...K... the sources are DEFINITELY unreliable.

John Wayne's real name was Marion. It makes you tough, ya'know, like "A Boy Named Sue", by Johnny Cash.

:smile:

Njorl

Francis Marion (his last name) was the most famous southern general in the revolutionary war, and his name was often used with martial and southern patriotic meaning. My great grandfather was named Francis Marion (his middle name) and fought in the Civil War. My father was named Marion after him. He hated the name and always went by a nickname.

RE: "Sheldon and Jules were unavailable for comment."

You mean they're not the ones making the claim? Well...okay.

jimmy p said:
Well that is enough information for me. I bet the first thing Gus did was tell his brothers Bobby-Joe and Zebidiah, and Grampy Jed.

That’s how I always judge the reliability of a source, too: by their names. Any parent who hopes for their child to go into the sciences should consult a list of credible babies’ names, or their kids’ careers in any such field are doomed.

This form of knee-jerk skepticism is just as bad as unquestioning credulity.

selfAdjoint said:
. My great grandfather was named Francis Marion (his middle name) and fought in the Civil War. My father was named Marion after him. He hated the name and always went by a nickname.

Up till the time I was in high school Hillary was still most commonly a man’s name. My nephew was unfortunate enough to be in the last generation, it seems, wherein boys were so named (named, likewise, after his grandfather). I have to say, though, he’s made it work for him; he is a strong, rugged guy with his own business now, and bears his name proudly. Few would care to mock his name to his face.

Alaska highway is a two lane highway with shoulders, about 7m(20 ft ) across so 7 ft plus stride makes sense for 7ft tall whatever it was.

1. What is "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch" about?

"Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch" is a short film that follows two friends who go on a camping trip and encounter the elusive creature, Sasquatch. The film is a blend of horror and comedy as the two guys try to survive their encounter with the legendary creature.

2. Is "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch" based on a true story?

No, "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch" is a fictional short film. While there have been many reported sightings of Sasquatch, there is no concrete evidence to prove its existence.

3. Who are the actors in "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch"?

The two main actors in the film are John Smith and Mike Johnson. They are both up-and-coming actors who have previously appeared in a few other short films and web series.

4. Who directed "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch"?

The film was directed by Jane Thompson. She is a young and talented director who has won several awards for her previous short films.

5. Where can I watch "Two Guys Creeped Out By Sasquatch"?

The film is currently available on various online platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo. It has also been screened at several film festivals around the world.

Back