Two Physics Problems plsss help ?

In summary, the conversation discusses two physics problems, one involving a mass inside a rotating tube and the other involving a suspended mass and a spring. The first problem requires calculating the number of revolutions the mass makes in a given time, while the second problem involves finding the total length of the spring when a different mass is suspended from it. The conversation also includes a step-by-step explanation of how to solve the second problem using Hooke's law.
orange_angel
Two Physics Problems .. plsss help ??!

Q1 :

The figure shows a mass M inside a tube bent in a circle of radius R=1.20 m. M can slide with negligible friction inside the tube. The tube rotates about a vertical axis passing through the center. The mass is in equilibrium at q =56.5 degrees. Calculate the number of revolution the hoop makes in 12.0 s.

THE FIGURE : http://www3.0zz0.com/2006/12/22/10/35335598.gif

Q2:

A 8.40 kg mass suspended from a spring with spring constant, k = 800.0 N/m, extends it to a total length of 0.270 m. Find the total length of the spring when a 13.40 kg mass is suspended from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
orange_angel said:
Q1 :

The figure shows a mass M inside a tube bent in a circle of radius R=1.20 m. M can slide with negligible friction inside the tube. The tube rotates about a vertical axis passing through the center. The mass is in equilibrium at q =56.5 degrees. Calculate the number of revolution the hoop makes in 12.0 s.

THE FIGURE : http://www3.0zz0.com/2006/12/22/10/35335598.gif

Q2:

A 8.40 kg mass suspended from a spring with spring constant, k = 800.0 N/m, extends it to a total length of 0.270 m. Find the total length of the spring when a 13.40 kg mass is suspended from it.
You will have to show what you have done to attempt a solution.

AM

Last edited by a moderator:
the second question :i don't know how to begin !
the first question

F=kx, where F is the force applied, k is the spring constant and x is the distance stretched.

k = 800 N/m
x=0.270
F=kx=800*0.270=216N/m

I don't know how to find the total length of the spring ..

[ i never learn physics before .. i have many problems ! I'm trying to be better ..]

orange_angel said:
k = 800 N/m
x=0.270
F=kx=800*0.270=216N/m
Careful: 0.270 m is the total length of the spring, not the amount of stretch. Use Hooke's law to figure out how much the spring stretched when the weight was added--this will allow you to calculate the unstretched length.

Hint for question #1: What kind of motion does the mass undergo? What kind of acceleration?

ok ..

in question 2 :

maybe i have to do that :

F=mg=13.40*9.81=131.454 N

x=F/k=131.454/800=0.1643m

is it right ??

orange_angel said:
maybe i have to do that :

F=mg=13.40*9.81=131.454 N

x=F/k=131.454/800=0.1643m
That's certainly an essential step in solving the problem. What is the meaning of what you have calculated, and how does it relate to the final solution?

1. What are the two physics problems that need help with?

The two physics problems are specific situations or phenomena that require analysis and understanding through the principles and laws of physics. They could involve topics such as motion, energy, forces, or thermodynamics.

2. Why is it important to solve these physics problems?

Solving physics problems helps us understand the natural world and how it works. It also allows us to make predictions and develop new technologies that can improve our daily lives.

3. How can one approach solving these physics problems?

The best approach to solving physics problems is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. Then, use the appropriate equations, principles, and laws to analyze each part and come to a solution.

4. What are some common challenges when solving physics problems?

Some common challenges when solving physics problems include understanding the problem, identifying which principles and equations to use, and performing the necessary calculations accurately.

5. How can one improve their problem-solving skills in physics?

The best way to improve problem-solving skills in physics is through practice. It is also helpful to review and understand the underlying principles and equations, as well as seeking assistance from teachers, tutors, or online resources when needed.