Can We Live in Two Places at Once?

• Thread starter amcca064
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of an identical version of oneself living an identical life in another universe and whether this concept falls under the category of parallel universes. The conversation also raises the question of how this theory can be proven or disproven, with one person suggesting reading about Max Tegmark's ideas on parallel universes.
amcca064
I forget where I've heard this, but I remember hearing once that it was possible that somewhere in our universe an identical version of yourself was living an identical life. I wish I could remember where I heard it so I could explain it better, but I was just wondering if this were possible in our universe or is it explaining parallel universes? And if so is THAT possible?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi! I'm the other identical version of you! Glad we finally meet. So it's possible but only on the PF. :smile:

If the two universes never interact, how could we ever prove or disprove it? As such, lacking falsifiability, this theory is 'non-scientific'. It's more of a philosophical question. :smile:

I suggest you read the stuff Max Tegmark has written about parallel universes: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa006&articleID=000F1EDD-B48A-1E90-8EA5809EC5880000, 2.

1. Can we physically exist in two places at once?

Currently, it is not possible for humans to physically exist in two places at once. Our bodies are limited to one physical location at a time.

2. Is it possible for our consciousness or soul to be in two places at once?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of our consciousness or soul being in two places at once. It is a concept that is still highly debated and has not been proven.

3. How does quantum physics relate to the idea of living in two places at once?

Quantum physics suggests that particles can exist in multiple states at the same time. However, this does not apply to larger objects like humans, and it does not mean that we can exist in two places at once.

4. What about the concept of astral projection or out-of-body experiences?

Astral projection and out-of-body experiences are not scientifically proven phenomena. Some people claim to have had these experiences, but there is no evidence to support the idea that we can physically or consciously exist in two places at once.

5. Is there any possibility of technology allowing us to live in two places at once in the future?

At this time, there is no technology that can allow us to live in two places at once. While advancements in technology may continue to improve our ability to communicate and interact with others in different locations, it is highly unlikely that we will ever be able to physically exist in two places at once.