1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two Runners Question

1. Sep 24, 2006 #1
    I have another question that is pestering me. Runner A is 3.6 km west of a flagpole and is running w/ constant V of 2.6 km/h while Runner B is 4.0 km east of the flagpole and is running w/ constant V of 5.2 km/ hour west. What will the distance be of the two runners from the flagpole when their paths cross?

I do not understand how you determine when their paths cross. I understand that you have to set their equations equal, but I do not understand what those equations would even be.. :confused: Thanks a million for you help.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2006 #2
    What direction ss Runner A running in?

4. Sep 24, 2006 #3

radou

Homework Helper

Assume their paths have crossed. How much (in km) did they both run? (Hint: assume one 'runner' was standing (:biggrin:), and the other was running towards him, in order to get their paths crossed. What was the total distance he ran?)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?