Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two television comments

1. Sep 17, 2004 #1
    1: the science channel is the greatest thing ever invented. If you don't have it get it.
    2: the greatest commercial ever, other than the Steven Segal Mountain Dew commercial, is the hp commercial with the dorky looking guy and the picture frames.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

Pity Moutain Dew tastes of monkey sick.

4. Sep 22, 2004 #3

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:eek:

Blasphemer!

Mountain Dew has officially replaced Ambrosia as the nectar of the Gods!

Didn't you get the memo?!? :biggrin:

5. Sep 23, 2004 #4
    i would of loved to see that mountain dew commercial with stephen segal

6. Sep 23, 2004 #5
    Let us all search for a download of this, for the sake of some entertainment and much glory for the finder.

7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    I have never read a quote that describes so precisely the taste of this beverage.
    :tongue2:

8. Sep 23, 2004 #7
    The Science Channel is cool, but I also enjoyed the Discovery Health Channel. They had this thing called, "Sex Appeal" which would tell you the science of attraction and all that.

9. Sep 23, 2004 #8

graphic7

Gold Member

I would've placed my vote for the History Channel a few years ago, but it's programming quality has gone down in my opinion. For the last 2 years, they've been broadcasting nothing but WWII, which is rather annoying. I remember several years ago they covered as much ancient history as they did modern - that I was a fan of. Occasionally you might catch something interesting like a week's worth special on Roman history.

10. Sep 23, 2004 #9
  11. Sep 23, 2004 #10
    I know what you mean. WWII doesn't really interest me as much as the ancient history does. Last time I watched something on it was when they had a special on the Romans, I believe.

12. Sep 23, 2004 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

I'm with you guys!!! What the heck did they put in it to make it taste that way???? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

13. Sep 23, 2004 #12

Tsu

Gold Member

Ditto. They've WWII'd us to DEATH!!! Let's get them to get back to ancient/medieval hx!! YEAH!!!

14. Sep 24, 2004 #13

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes!!! I especially love Terry Jones' Medieval Lives, he is such a hoot!! He's an ex Monty Python with a degree in Medieval studies.

http://www.uktv.co.uk/uktvHistory/More.cfm?ccs=20&cs=845

15. Sep 25, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

Hey! DiscoveryTimes Channel is showing a bunch of real good stuff lately that's NOT WWII!! :biggrin: It's not quite what you might consider ancient or medieval history but I enjoy this stuff, too. American Indian cultures, Mexican history, French history... All good stuff!!:wink:

16. Sep 25, 2004 #15

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My favorite channels (besides News & Sports) are PBS (Simon Rose, Rick Steves, others) Discovery (NOVA, Myth Busters, the occasional Tom Friedman report, etc.), History (for war and peace, I'm not fussy), Comedy Central (almost entirely for the Daily Show) and Bravo (mostly for the West Wing and James Lipton).

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  17. Sep 25, 2004 #16
    I remember when Discovery and The Learning Channel were good. Since when did ambush makeover's and interior decorating become educational?

18. Sep 25, 2004 #17
    It just sorta changed one day -- now they have baby storys, wedding storys, and dayshows. Although, I have to admit, wedding story is cute sometimes! =)

19. Sep 25, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Cute ? Aaaaaaarrgh ! :yuck:

20. Sep 25, 2004 #19
    I used to watch the wedding and dating show, but after a while it got repetative.

21. Sep 25, 2004 #20
    i wont have any part in it hehe, i rather watch educational tv, not in a bad way, if you're gonna watch tv, better mak it so you learn something

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?