Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two timers

1. Aug 7, 2005 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Well what do you think, a lady two timing a guy, a guy two timing a lady,
    i think it is outrageous, and the perpetrator should be hung drawn and quatered. :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2005 #2
    What's wrong, wolram, are you being two-timed! You sound kind of mad and I'm sure you're not the one doing the two-timing! :tongue:

Anyway there are certain scenarios where it would be okay. Like for if your spouse has been a comatose vegatable for ten years, or abstinent for a long time, or is cheating on you herself, then it's okay. Or when a girl hooks up with me just to make her boyfriend jealous, then that's definatly okay too! (unless he's like a 300 lb. bodybuilder.

Otherwise I think you shouldn't be drawn and quartered until at least the second offense. The first time you should just be horse-whipped for fifty lashes.

4. Aug 7, 2005 #3
    Not cool. If something is wrong enough with your relationship that you would, then you either fix the relationship, or end it outright. I think some situations can be put down to human nature, but a long term second relationship is definitely not a good thing to have IMO. You're just messing your self around in the end, and hurting others in the process.

5. Aug 7, 2005 #4
    What if the couple is swingers? Then it's okay right?

6. Aug 7, 2005 #5

wolram

Gold Member

Not me, this person, he has two girl friends and they dont
    know about each other, i found out by accident.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2005
  7. Aug 7, 2005 #6
    That's a crappy situation to be in. Are you friends with these women?

8. Aug 7, 2005 #7

wolram

Gold Member

No, just work mates with one.

9. Aug 7, 2005 #8
    Not too bad then. Not much to do then, really. Hopefully it will all play out in a way that leaves the guy highly unsatisfied.

10. Aug 7, 2005 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Hopefully, these guys think women are second class, i dont think they
    understand that at first.

11. Aug 7, 2005 #10
    Is he muslim? Maybe he's polygamous and that's not necessarily wrong just a cultural difference.

12. Aug 7, 2005 #11
    I think we are jumping to a whole lot of conclusions here. Are you certain that they don't know about eachother? If it's consentual then I don't see anything wrong with it at all.... I mean, it's every guy's fantasy isn't it? (and some girls?) good for him!

Are you certain that he's intimate with both of them? I don't think it's really fair to expect him to only date one girl at a time untill, it's only cheating if he's formed a serious relationship with (at least) one of them.

13. Aug 7, 2005 #12
    Well if he's muslim he really should be married to both of them and they should know about eachother, a better question would be to ask if the girls are polygamous, because otherwise he's still violating their trust by not working out the cultural differences.

14. Aug 7, 2005 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Im 90% sure they dont know about each other, but that leaves 10% doubt.

15. Aug 7, 2005 #14
    well you might not want to condemn him untill you're sure beyond a reasonable doubt.

16. Aug 7, 2005 #15

LeonhardEuler

Gold Member

There are these two guys at my job who are married and have like 3 or 4 girlfreinds and talk about it like its the most normal thing in the world. When I told them I wouldn't cheat on my wife if I had one, they laughed.

17. Aug 7, 2005 #16
    and where in the world are you? is that normal in your area?

18. Aug 7, 2005 #17

LeonhardEuler

Gold Member

I'm in New York, but they're from Haiti. They say it isn't a big deal over there.

19. Aug 7, 2005 #18
    While it definitely isn't cheating if he is not in a serious relationship with either it is generally bad form to be dating more than one girl with out both of them knowing that you are dating someone else as well. If they are being "intimate" then it is very bad form.
    But you are right that you can't really think ill of the man unless you know for sure what is going on.

20. Aug 7, 2005 #19
    I dont know, I wouldn't go out of my way to tell a girl I'm also dating someone else if it's just casual. However it is assumed that if one (or both) of them ask that I won't lie to them, because that's obviously bad regardless.

21. Aug 7, 2005 #20

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Wolram:

"...this .......... ..... person..."
    "...these guys think women are second class..."

This is textbook racism. You have taken someone's actions and decided that it is due to his race.

Between a two-timer and a racist pig, I'd string up the racist pig.

Also, I am astonished that, after 10 posts, I'm the first one to point it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?