Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tyler!

1. Aug 19, 2004 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I guess this is the forum where we go "Whoo-hoo" for our favorite olympian.

So:

Whoo-hoo Tyler Hamilton!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2004 #2
    It's curious the failure of Jan Ullrich. He was the clear favourite

4. Aug 20, 2004 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I was a little surprised too. The coverage of the race was NIL (3 minutes max for the whole TT). I'm spitting mad at NBC here for not showing at least a decent overview. I have no idea how Jan progressed. I was kind of rooting for him, since he's been 2nd in the tour so many times and he missed the road race medal this year. He's a great rider and he deserves more high profile victories. And Olympic cycling is such a traditionally German strength, the pressure on him must have been enormous.

But I also felt the same about Hamilton (that he desrved a high profile victory). I just didn't think he'd do it, so this was a huge surprise.

5. Aug 21, 2004 #4
    I remember that he won a stage of the 2003 Tour de France with an injured shoulder or something. From that day on, Tyler was my man! :biggrin: Congrats!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?