1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tyler!

1. Aug 19, 2004 #1

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I guess this is the forum where we go "Whoo-hoo" for our favorite olympian.

So:

Whoo-hoo Tyler Hamilton!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2004 #2
    It's curious the failure of Jan Ullrich. He was the clear favourite

4. Aug 20, 2004 #3

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I was a little surprised too. The coverage of the race was NIL (3 minutes max for the whole TT). I'm spitting mad at NBC here for not showing at least a decent overview. I have no idea how Jan progressed. I was kind of rooting for him, since he's been 2nd in the tour so many times and he missed the road race medal this year. He's a great rider and he deserves more high profile victories. And Olympic cycling is such a traditionally German strength, the pressure on him must have been enormous.

But I also felt the same about Hamilton (that he desrved a high profile victory). I just didn't think he'd do it, so this was a huge surprise.

5. Aug 21, 2004 #4
    I remember that he won a stage of the 2003 Tour de France with an injured shoulder or something. From that day on, Tyler was my man! :biggrin: Congrats!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?